MOVING STUFF TO HK FROM INDIA - RELOCATION COMPANY -RECOMMENDATIONS

Closed Thread

MOVING STUFF TO HK FROM INDIA - RELOCATION COMPANY -RECOMMENDATIONS

We are in the process of shifing to HK now ,
    Destination / residence in HK is not yet decided .

Could anyone share their experience(S) on companies that have helped in relocating household stuff -.?

(I have never moved from india before but happen to know a few things about the relocation business)

The normal way of doing this is contacting a moving company where you are now (one in Delhi in your case) and ask for a quote.

Santa Fe is a major player in hk & I know it has a Dehli branch as well, so the packing/ loading in India & unpacking/ delivery in hk will be handled by two branches of a same group, which gives them a slight edge.

Here in hk top-notch movers also include Allied Pickfords/ Asian Tigers/ Crown, but not sure whether any of these is in india tho. (If they do prices offered by all 4 will be more or less on par with each other.)

If the relocation company you opt for in india has no operation in hk the latter phase will likely be outsourced to another co. & that's when quality of service may come into question.

If there is no furniture/ chunky items and your personal effects can fit into a dozen of cartons it might even be cheaper to do it with a forwarder, but few people have such small shipments.

Last edited by FerrisC; 23-03-2012 at 06:01 AM.

Go for Santa Fe or Asian Tigers. In India go and contact Writer Relocations. They will come at your place, pack your stuff, load it in a truck, take it away. They'll give you a receipt and you have to preserve it wih you. In about 3 weeks time you will get a call from local HK company in HK to book a date and time. Meanwhile you can plan to shift to the place you want to live in HK.

In HK on delivery day, the truck will come at your place, your stuff will be unpacked, if you have chosen to get it arranged as well, they'll arrange the rooms as well.

All this and you also get Insurance based on the price plan you pay.

If you are planning Ex-Mumbai I can give you a contact number and you can contact the person to arrange.

I used Links from HK to China and found them good and reasonably priced. Not sure if they service India though.