moving to hk

moving to hk

hi we are an indian family moving to hk in nov with our 3.5 year old boy. What is a good option for staying in hk? Discovery Bay, Park Island or Mid levels? My husband has a job in Central

all are ok choices, it all depends on your priorities and what you are looking for....as well as your budget

we are looking at dbay or park island, and would appreciate an honest take on the dilemma.

budget?
    # bedrooms?
    budget for commute?
    budget for facilities (swimming pool etc)?
    what do you like to do in your spare time?
    what kind of classes are you looking for for your child?
    which school would you want your child to go to when he reaches the right age?

you need to be more specific...
    i lived in Db for 6+ years and loved it...relocated recently to sai kung...got 3X the space for 1/3 less rent, but we make up the lower rent in commuting cost(running a private car)....

YOU need to see all three then make a decision on what suits YOUR family....

good luck!

I agree with carang. We settled in Park Island but it may not suit everybody. Have a think about what is important to your family and then visit all 3 places. You don't want to sign a 2 year contract and then wish you had moved elsewhere. There are plenty of apartments for rent at both PI and DB so there should be no rush. Also most of the pros and cons of both places have been covered in previous threads so have a wee browse.

Happy hunting.

thanks for your replies, truly appreciate the thoughtful answers.. did go 2 all 3 places and quite liked db and park island both though one thing did bother me- the fact that park island is much less talked about than DB and am still wondering why...... any clues??????

Newer, smaller, and not so many Australians.

LOL!

that would be my guess too...i've never been to PI... but i have driven past many times. one of the things that puts me off of it, personally, is that the buildings are so darn close together! it doesn't seem much different than Tuen Mun etc.

PI can be quite a hassle at times. No cars or taxis are allowed on PI. This is a put off for many. PI is accessible only by ferry and shuttle buses. Yes, the buildings are pretty close to each other. We used to live in an unit with the sea view it was better then. Now, we can practically see what's going on in the opposite units. Having said that, we're pretty happy here. But we've never been to Discovery Bay before though