SPORT/ PE TEACHER JOBS

SPORT/ PE TEACHER JOBS

I want to move to Hong Kong in August and find work as a PE teacher/ coach or NET teacher. I have a B/Ed dip teach degree and would love to secure a role in an international school ideally.

I have registered with ESF and attended search assoicates fair but haven't managed to secure a position yet.

If you know of anything else I could try or maybe how to get a NET teaching post please do drop me a line.

Thanks.

As you've missed this year's cut off date for the EdB's NET programme - and you are interested in international school work anyway, your best bets are the Times Educational Supplement and South China Morning Post classifieds (no subscription necessary to use the latter).

You don't mention how much teaching experience you have, so I'll also mention that HK's international schools are VERY sought after employers by teachers: you will face a lot of competition to secure a job even in the lower tier places. On the other hand, if you can be flexible enough to move at short notice, sometimes vacancies come up at odd times during the year for one reason or another, and there's a lot less competition for those (that's how I got my first teaching job here )

Thanks! I am in my ninth year of teaching.

Flexible I am so is it worth coming over in september/ October and trying my luck? I don't mind not working for a bit and can support myself for a month or two. To get a work visa I need to secure a job anyway.

Would it be useful to get a certificate in ESOL as a back-up if I can't secure a PE teaching role in that time?

What about qualification in IB programme I imagine international schools are hot on this and that one would be more attractive to employees?

How long have you been in hk?