Like Tree30Likes

finding work in hk

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    as for my university degree.... i didn't expect my parents to pay for it. i paid for it. as it should be.
    'Happy to hear that. I was just surprised because I thought that being a working student is something that happens only in not so progressive countries. For a while there, I had an impression that education is free in first world countries. Thanks for sharing that.

Quote Originally Posted by ExpatNeighbor:
    @OP - I haven't seen a Black British before. Forgive my ignorance, surely you must be British...
    What? Are you serious or just trying to be funny?

Quote Originally Posted by ExpatNeighbor:
    @OP - I haven't seen a Black British before. Forgive my ignorance, surely you must be British...
    Whatever your views.......surely the OP has the right to identify himself as he wishes.

In case ExpatN really is that ignorant: of course black British people exist!

Shane, out of interest is your wife asking you to foot the HKD50,000 downpayment? How long have you known your wife?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using GeoClicks Mobile

Last edited by Loz_2; 18-04-2012 at 09:27 PM.
    bryant.english likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    What? Are you serious or just trying to be funny?
    Actually I thought they were doing the opposite - pointing out that it doesn't matter what colour you are, you are still British. Not trying to be "funny" at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Actually I thought they were doing the opposite - pointing out that it doesn't matter what colour you are, you are still British. Not trying to be "funny" at all.
    I think so also, and that's exactly the point I was making. If the OP wants to identify as 'Black British' then that should be respected.
    Last edited by bryant.english; 18-04-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    In case ExpatN really is that ignorant: of course black British people exist!
    Haha. Just curious why OP had to emphasize that he is a white British.

Thanks everyone for your concerns,especially fiona who has been a great help. i have discussed this matter with my wife and put a stop to this whole fiasco. she has not signed into anything yet, nor will she because i have put my foot down on the matter. she is the one who is asked to pay the bill,not me. so i have informed her family and i am on stand by ready to pick her up and take her home if she tries to continue with this ridiculous idea her friend has put into her head. this is vary serious and there is obvious something vary suspicious is going on and i will not let her be scammed out of a huge amount of money,or worse her life. once again thanks everyone for your input and concern,vary much appreciated.

p.s. i forgot to say i'm white british and myself and my wife have been married 4 years 7 months