Like Tree95Likes

My hubby is leaving today and I feel so heartbroken. This is the beginning of our move :(

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hello_there:
    A 'big scary move', seriously? My assumption is that the OP is an adult. The fact that people move across the world all the time and are fine should be reassurance enough. If they need someone to hold their hand, much better to seek sympathy from family or friends.
    Twithout knowing much of the OP's background it's hard to tell.

Yes you, me a few others are used to taking a plane every month, if not week or so. We are used to living in different country (I left home for studying when I was 18 and moved throughout europe for my studies and from a very early age took planes, trains, come from a multicultural family...) but unless mistaken we do not know much about the OP and maybe this is her first move ever, maybe she is not a regular traveller....etc which make things we take for granted, scary or difficult to her.

As I told her, embrace this new opportunity, welcome to Hong Kong and all the best.

Tell us how it goes at the end and enjoy as much as you can.

which is exactly what the rest of us are saying... don't dwell on the negative, enjoy the adventure... and i got slammed for it?!?!?

Stoob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    which is exactly what the rest of us are saying... don't dwell on the negative, enjoy the adventure... and i got slammed for it?!?!?
    You were asking for it though, carang, the way you laid into the OP, all guns blazing. You're almost as bad as Satay Sue these days with your uncalled-for attacks on the newbies. Are the two of you sitting together with a bottle of gin? Get a life!
    justjoe86, TheBrit and travelbee like this.

kidding of course
    justjoe86 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    You were asking for it though, carang, the way you laid into the OP, all guns blazing. You're almost as bad as Satay Sue these days with your uncalled-for attacks on the newbies. Are the two of you sitting together with a bottle of gin? Get a life!
    hate gin... i'm a vodka or schnapps drinker myself....sadly, with my blood pressure medication, i don't indulge very often any more.
    Stoob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    hate gin... i'm a vodka or schnapps drinker myself....sadly, with my blood pressure medication, i don't indulge very often any more.
    I strongly suspect bb is joking and making an oblique reference to a mess of another thread earlier today...
    at least I hope that's the case anyway

It must be full moon today?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Loz_2:
    It must be full moon today?

It seems so.....

I really think it is about time that frozen chapatis got a mention.

To the OP, yes of course you will miss your husband, I miss my wife after a few hours. It is horrible but something a lot of us have to live through. I'm off to the UK for 5 weeks without her, after a trip to China. Will hate it, but that's life.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast