Like Tree20Likes

Repulse Bay/Mid Levels/The American Club

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

OP, I think it has been clearly demonstrated by now that your hubby who moved 2 months ahead of you show spend part of his weekend visiting all the places (and more) mentioned here and book for a month or two a service apartment for when you arrive.

All the areas mentioned are good with a 100K budget. None is better than the others, they are just different and only YOU can decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Molie:
    Yeah sure, I work for a property company. It's a pity you are so blunt
    Pity? Nahh, thats a compliment to me, straight and blunt.

I am just pointing out the possibility of Kowloon Station because she might be miserable in the remote expat enclaves like the Southside, Pok Fu Lam etc.
    Yup, I dont particularly like those places either.

We are forever greatful thet our relocation company pointed us towards KS, had no idea living here would be so convenient and so much fun!
    Now this one is interesting I wonder how much commission your relocation consultants got out of that transaction...

When there are so many other choices *in* the City (From North Point to KennedyTown), it still makes no sense to me why one would spend 100K and live in Kowloon when the entire family needs to be in and travel to the island every single day.
    Last edited by HowardCoombs; 10-05-2012 at 10:21 AM.

HC: what's the big deal?! You make it sound like commuting from Kowloon to the island is like travelling to a different continent! It's just a harbour for Pete's sake....

climber07 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Pity? Nahh, thats a compliment to me, straight and blunt.

Yup, I dont particularly like those places either.

Now this one is interesting I wonder how much commission your relocation consultants got out of that transaction...

When there are so many other choices *in* the City (From North Point to KennedyTown), it still makes no sense to me why one would spend 100K and live in Kowloon when the entire family needs to be in and travel to the island every single day.
    Yes and No. it's faster to go to Central from Kowloon Station than from Kennedy Town or North Point.

I have lived in the TST area and was taking less time to and from work than most people on the Island (My office is in Pacific Place), yet most people where always telling me woah TST not very convenient...I was like duh, I have one/two MTR station while you have 5/6 (North Point) or none (Kennedy Town) to go...

But I get your point overall that it would naturally be more suitable to be on the Island but frankly it takes less time from KS to Centail/pokfulam than from Stanley.for example.

As I said, stop the bickering, the OP should come and check for herself.

HC: what's the big deal?! You make it sound like commuting from Kowloon to the island is like travelling to a different continent! It's just a harbour for Pete's sake....
    Its not a big deal for 1 or 2 ppl - its wonderful (as our resident TB can attest to) with the mall, views and other facilities.

It just doesn't make sense (to me) to put 4 people who have to travel every day across that harbour in Kowloon when there are so many other equivalent or better choices that are much closer, thats all...

As I'm sure you know, the harbour makes for a horrible crossing in traffic. While daddy takes the few minutes on the MTR the kids are faced with Bus rides (not MTR) to Peak and PokFuLam via that harbour crossing; there is just no fun in that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:

As I'm sure you know, the harbour makes for a horrible crossing in traffic. While daddy takes the few minutes on the MTR the kids are faced with Bus rides (not MTR) to Peak and PokFuLam via that harbour crossing; there is just no fun in that at all.
    Disagree here, I cross daily on the Western tunnel (at peak hours) and the traffic is very good.

I don't need to live there to know expenses associated with western tunnel crossings nor traffic conditions.

Common sense dictates living closer to your aggregate destinations especially when there is no budget concerns and equivalent products ("nice" places with nice facilities, in the thick of things) are available.

I'm glad you and Molie are happy with your unorthodox choice but we'll have to agree to disagree. I think it would be a pretty dumb choice for the OP to live in Kowloon.

Yeah here too. Lots of kids that go to HKIS for example. What school does your son go to SS? My boy goes to school in Kennedy Town as well!
    Harbour school Yours?

Go for Stanley, all my colleagues with kids live in that area and they seem happy with the choice. I'm not sure but I think 100k is a bit on the low side for Stanley though?

Skyhook likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Shorter commute only if you narrow your choices to a choice of 1.
    Happy Valley&Other parts of the Island give you a lot more choices (including walking) while Kowloon limits your choices to MTR, expensive western tunnel or crowded central tunnel. Oh, yea - you could fly or swim too

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast