Like Tree40Likes

Moving to hong kong in June -help with renting in discovery bay

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs:
    9 years old is too young to take public transport by themselves in my humble opinion.
    If you regularly ride the public transport system in Hong Kong you will soon realize that many parents disagree with your opinion.

Oh, yea : me too :-) My 9 year old rides public transport and loves to switch methods on a daily basis. Because we have good transport links between Happy Valley and North point, he loves switching between bus, minibus, tram, mtr and taxi regularly.

By themselves? I don't think so. Add a maid or older sibling.

my boy is 7.5 and i think too small still, but probably in another 1.5 years, i would let him go on the bus to sai kung town on his own. possibly further, but it would depend on how well he matures in the next year and a half.

as for living in db, there are loads of kids who take the db buses on their own. or even get on the ferry by themselves...and then onto a school bus.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    10 more chars

Yes that was my query...If she lives in the US, it shouldn't be hard to call HK shouldn't it?

Was wondering if she was traveling on some holidays or something with limited access....

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    my boy is 7.5 and i think too small still, but probably in another 1.5 years, i would let him go on the bus to sai kung town on his own. possibly further, but it would depend on how well he matures in the next year and a half.

as for living in db, there are loads of kids who take the db buses on their own. or even get on the ferry by themselves...and then onto a school bus.
    Cara, those DB kids are with 10 of their friends, so I don't think that is considered alone. I must be missing something because I take a bus to work and MTR home every day. I don't see many 9 yr old kids by themselves, even walking on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs:
    Cara, those DB kids are with 10 of their friends, so I don't think that is considered alone. I must be missing something because I take a bus to work and MTR home every day. I don't see many 9 yr old kids by themselves, even walking on the street.
    I don't see kids at all, UNLESS I catch the very early bus. Then the bus is FULL of them - all ages - including very young ones. You have to be up early to see schoolkids in HK. (before 7am).
    threelittlepigs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I don't see kids at all, UNLESS I catch the very early bus. Then the bus is FULL of them - all ages - including very young ones. You have to be up early to see schoolkids in HK. (before 7am).
    Yea but but, they are all together so you cant consider that alone
    threelittlepigs likes this.

9 year old European boy attends my son's martial arts class on Sat afternoons. Class is in Soho, he takes ferry alone from Kowloon.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    9 year old European boy attends my son's martial arts class on Sat afternoons. Class is in Soho, he takes ferry alone from Kowloon.
    Yes but he does martial arts so he can kick some ass!

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Yes but he does martial arts so he can kick some ass!
    Good point! ( he can too, it's scary!)

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast