Apartment questions

Closed Thread

Apartment questions

Hello,

I'm new at this forum, looks like there is a lot of useful information gathered here, but I can’t find the answer to the specific question I got (maybe it’s to elementary).

I run my own trading company and I'm investigating the possibilities of a move to Hong Kong, my question is simply: “do I need any special legal permissions (paperwork…) to rent an apartment and are there any special housing rules and regulations us foreigners should be aware of?”

Thanks!

Apartment leasing

Things are relatively straight forward BUT they will require to see your Business Registration certificate if leasing in the name of a company. Otherwise the HK I.D card will be the next thing they want to see for a long term lease. Short term leases can be obtained with just your passport but with a guarantee of payment (Amex etc).

The real problem is deciding which apratment! There are plenty but you should 'see before you comit'. The internet photos on many do NOT accurately portray the apartments as they are today.

And, of course, you need some sort of visa to reside in Hong Kong. If you are running your own trading company then that probably needs to be an Investment Visa.
    http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/hkvisas_4_2.htm

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    And, of course, you need some sort of visa to reside in Hong Kong. If you are running your own trading company then that probably needs to be an Investment Visa.
    http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/hkvisas_4_2.htm
    The visa you will need to come here is NOT an investment visa but a work visa.
    The company you register here needs to sponsor your immigration and work visa.

The best person to sort this out is your resident company secretary in HK.

If this is all gobbledy gook to you then I suggest you do some deep investigating about how you come here and do business. There are lots of threads on the subject on GeoExpat.

Er, I can concede that it might be an Employment Visa or an Investment Visa depending on the structure of the company, but it surely isn't as simple as one or the other. Both are options. Both have pros and cons in terms of immigration, tax, etc.

Thanks for all the great answers!

hello friend !
    if want the Apartment in HK the simple idea is
    you use the their passport through this you can get
    Apartment easily .