Like Tree3Likes

SKYPE- is it possible to buy skype credit in HKD?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    When I go into my account settings, on the bottom of the page it has a bunch of options, the second one down is called Currency and it gives me the option to change account currency there.
    thats excellent info movingIn07, thanks so much, I have now changed it to HKD, have u ever bought additional credit in HKD or the currency of your visa, in a non domestic location and been charged extra ?

regarding getting a skype no,does anyone know, can it be a uk based no in the landline or best of all uk mobile format? but l receive it whilst at my computer?

Quote Originally Posted by Tioga:
    great info ! thanks all, currently l have bought skype out, l get it from Skype out -Buy Skype Credit-Skype.com , and at that site it shows only Euro

l am very interested in the unlimited skype as well, but the information at Unlimited World - Buy Skype Credit is only in CNY. do these sites show HKD if in HKG? currently in sz and only have a HKG visa card.

so please give the exact URL so I can purchase in HKD.

thanks again all
    My payment page is on skype.com, in USD, which I can only get to after logging in.

I am currently in HK so my IP is also HK, so I guess this has to be because they have my address on file in the US.

regarding getting a skype no,does anyone know, can it be a uk based no in the landline or best of all uk mobile format? but l receive it whilst at my computer?
    They have UK as a choice -- note, link requires logging in. Unfortunately I am not familiar with the UK to know about number formats. As of now, on the page they have these area codes for the UK:

1. Andover (01264)
    2. Ashford/Kent (01233)
    3. Bath (01225)
    4. Belfast (02895)
    5. Birmingham (0121)
    6. Blackpool (01253)
    7. Bradford (01274)
    8. Brighton (01273)
    9. Bristol (0117)
    10. Cambridge (01223)
    11. Canterbury (01227)
    12. Cardiff (02921)
    13. Chelmsford (01245)
    14. Chester (01244)
    15. Coventry (02476)
    16. Durham (0191)
    17. Edinburgh (0131)
    18. Exeter (01392)
    19. Glasgow (0141)
    20. Haywards Heath (01444)
    21. Hemel Hempstead (01442)
    22. Leeds (0113)
    23. Leicester (0116)
    24. Liverpool (0151)
    25. London (020)
    26. Maidstone (01622)
    27. Manchester (0161)
    28. Nottingham (0115)
    29. Nottingham (01158)
    30. Oxford (01865)
    31. Portsmouth (02392)
    32. Sheffield (0114)
    33. Southampton (0238)
    34. Stevenage (01438)
    35. Tunbridge Wells (01892)
    36. Worcester (01905)

In case you have difficulties seeing the same, I am attaching a picture below to show what I see. The area code is a choice only after you clicked UK:

Last edited by ClueMinus; 14-05-2012 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Added list of area codes
    Tioga likes this.

thats excellent info movingIn07, thanks so much, I have now changed it to HKD, have u ever bought additional credit in HKD or the currency of your visa, in a non domestic location and been charged extra ?

?
    no, never. And I travel frequently so have often topped up overseas.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using GeoClicks Mobile
    Tioga likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    no, never. And I travel frequently so have often topped up overseas.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using GeoClicks Mobile
    sounds excellent MovingIn07, l have set it up so it now allows me to buy credit with HKD, but, I am looking to buy world unlimited, Unlimited World - Buy Skype Credit , and it still shows CNY l am still in Sz but not sure if thats the reason.
    how can we make the world unlimited transactions dominated in HKD too?
    oh got told you can add your HKG mobile number for free too, so friends know it is you calling. does anyone know how to add this?

thanks again all

You're not listening to me :-)
    The link you posted before and now is from tom.com - which is what you will get forced to use when in China.
    It doesnt work like Skype.com.

I think you should wait till you get back to Hong Kong and have normal access before trying again.

MovingIn07 has kindly shown me how to change the currency to HKD in my account settings, I have done that, but it only allows us to pay in our denomination of choice for top ups, but it is unlimited we want to purchase in HKD, is this possible in SZ?

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    You're not listening to me :-)
    The link you posted before and now is from tom.com - which is what you will get forced to use when in China.
    It doesnt work like Skype.com.

I think you should wait till you get back to Hong Kong and have normal access before trying again.
    sorry for not listening HowardCoombs! I was getting obsessed with getting unlimited skype with HKD denomination, I can now buy top ups ie "skype out" in HKD, but not the unlimited which still remains in CNY
    not sure why this inconsistency
    I will be in HKG tomorrow so will give it a try and report back, cheers!

I was in HKG earlier, and I could buy unlimited in HKD, but it also had a 50HKD credit, checked, for calling mobiles?? so didnt buy yet.
    Is the unlimited not like sype out, but with no limit for the time frame, eg 1 month? friend in HKG tried to log in with her skype account and changed the currency to HKD, and then tried to buy unlimited as well, it then gives choice from skype china or skype site, well if skype china is chosen, you only get CNY denomination as in sz, and if buy from skype site is chosen it goes back to chinese text, and when english is chosen we go back to square 1, buy from china skpe or skype site, round and round in circles. whats going on?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2