Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Satay Sue

moving to hong kong august and want somewhere local in reach of quarry bay and airport

Closed Thread

moving to hong kong august and want somewhere local in reach of quarry bay and airport

hi all , we are moving out in august, my wife and I and our 3 children, so we need a good school international preferred and a good 3 bed apartment within some reach of quarry bay and the airport, can be public transport as long as its 1 or 2 changes and not over an hour. We have a limited budget but want to lead a good quality of life, we would probably get a maid. is stanley a good place or any other ideas very welcome. We would probably go out for bar/dinner once a week but not essentia

what exactly is a limited budget? are you talking $5,000/month or $50,000/month?

do you have a place in any school yet? if not, that should be your FIRST priority! find out where the kids will be studying, then find a place to live.

quarry bay is right on the mtr line, so shouldn't be difficult to reach from most of hk.

if you are going to have a helper, then you need at least 4 bedrooms as foreign domestic helpers must live in.

stanley is VERY expensive, no direct links to quarry bay or the airport, i don't think (but could be wrong)...and would be over an hour to the airport...even if you drive.

david, while i'm sure you think you are very funny.... this person doesn't live in hk, probably has never been here... your jokes are not appropriate. you are sending them on a wild goose chase, and you will chase newcomers away with your ill attempt at humour.

OP, ignore DavidTC. Cheung Chau would NOT be a desirable location for your requirements.

your being a jerk... on every post you make. NOT funny.

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    your being a jerk... on every post you make. NOT funny.
    Better quote what you answer to. It seems the editors have turned your contributions into a monologue.

Seems last night David just bombarded the forum with dumb answers.

HowardCoombs likes this.

OP, how old are your kids? I think you may have a major problem if you have not contacted schools yet.

Quote Originally Posted by gjpfeye:
    hi all , we are moving out in august, my wife and I and our 3 children, so we need a good school international preferred and a good 3 bed apartment within some reach of quarry bay and the airport, can be public transport as long as its 1 or 2 changes and not over an hour. We have a limited budget but want to lead a good quality of life, we would probably get a maid. is stanley a good place or any other ideas very welcome. We would probably go out for bar/dinner once a week but not essentia
    What' s you budget exactly and where are the kids going to school? You could live in quarry bay itself
    But difficult to advise without knowing the budget and where the school is. Could be anywhere from tung Chung to quarry bay itself with the likes of Olympic, Kowloon station, mid levels, wan chai, causeway bay, happy valley, hunghom.....

Tseung Kwan O is about 4 stops away on the train which is like 10 mins journey time. It takes about 40-45 mins in taxi to the airport. There is also a bus that goes direct to the airport from there. No direct train and you have to go to Central and get Airport Express - all up the train option is about 1 hour.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using GeoClicks Mobile

Taking the MTR to Central and then the Airport Express Line (AEL) with luggage and 3 kids might not be much fun.

From TKO I usually take a taxi to Kowloon station and then the AEL; currently they give 50% for the train if you produce a taxi receipt (HKD60 or over). For a family taking a taxi all the way may work out cheaper though.