Like Tree19Likes

Moving to Hk confused.com

Reply
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
  1. #61

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tuen Mun
    Posts
    6,191
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    i think its one of the dumbest thing ever to have lived in hong kong but not in a city apartment..
    You need to get out more if you think living in a bloody flat is an 'experience'. Just go find a patch of soil, (not in your garden because, of course, you don't have one!), find an ant nest and observe.......there, now you understand apartment living....carry on..

  2. #62

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tuen Mun
    Posts
    6,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    So 35 minutes + about 15 to 20 minutes with all the wait and walks, all in all at least 50 min.
    ..........

  3. #63

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sai Kung
    Posts
    8,561

    but south lantau is the same as db in that respect....
    you need to get to the ferry. wait for the ferry to depart. wait to disembark (yes, there is a wait.). walk to the star ferry. wait for the star ferry. cross on the star ferry. wait to disembark and then walk to work.

    there is no way that you will arrive in central and then be in tst in 10 minutes taking the star ferry.


  4. #64

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    14,585
    Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    but south lantau is the same as db in that respect....
    you need to get to the ferry. wait for the ferry to depart. wait to disembark (yes, there is a wait.). walk to the star ferry. wait for the star ferry. cross on the star ferry. wait to disembark and then walk to work.

    there is no way that you will arrive in central and then be in tst in 10 minutes taking the star ferry.
    According to Moving's timetable that's probably all in all 20 minutes max

  5. #65

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sai Kung
    Posts
    8,561

    well, it very well maybe within 20 minutes, but it all depends on the person (how fast they walk), where they live (how far are they from the ferry pier) etc.

    when we lived in la vista in discovery bay, i would walk down the hill 5 minutes before the ferry and be able to walk on as it was preparing to leave. then it was a 10 minute walk to work.

    all in, it took me 42 minutes from leaving my house to walking in the door at work in sheung wan. how do i know? i could watch an entire episode of CSI on my ipod.

    wtbhotia likes this.

  6. #66

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    14,585
    Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    well, it very well maybe within 20 minutes, but it all depends on the person (how fast they walk), where they live (how far are they from the ferry pier) etc.

    when we lived in la vista in discovery bay, i would walk down the hill 5 minutes before the ferry and be able to walk on as it was preparing to leave. then it was a 10 minute walk to work.

    all in, it took me 42 minutes from leaving my house to walking in the door at work in sheung wan. how do i know? i could watch an entire episode of CSI on my ipod.
    and 42 minutes and 20 minutes is the same according to you?

  7. #67

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sai Kung
    Posts
    8,561

    no, the ferry ride was 25 minutes... so 25 + 20 is about right....


  8. #68

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    14,585
    Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    no, the ferry ride was 25 minutes... so 25 + 20 is about right....

    I think in my e-mail i said ALL IN..................

  9. #69

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sai Kung
    Posts
    8,561

    all in was 42 minutes....for me...

    moving said ferry ride + extras = 45 minutes.... to tst.

    i don't think that's right. i think it would have to be more.


  10. #70

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    14,585

    Okay is this autism day or what at the Carang house today?


Reply
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast