Do we bring electrical appliances?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I would say the prices for many things like blenders or power drills or electric toothbrushes is a bit more expensive than the US, but you will find the same brand names / quality that you'll find in the US as well. I really wouldn't bother with transformers--it's not really worth it for small items. Many bigger items like your desktop computer and recent flatscreen monitor may have 110-220v support, but skip the coffee maker and hair dryers and stuff like that.

If you're coming from the US you'd better buy them new here and they are more expensive.......in the long run cheaper than transporting dust collectors or purchasing transformers.

If you're coming from the UK, where they use the proper voltages, you should bring your electrical appliances.

I moved to HK two years ago from the US and purchased ALL new electrical appliances - definitely worth it and the prices, though higher, weren't astronomically more.

We are now in the process of moving back - too bad you aren't moving here until August as I have plenty of stuff to sell! : )