Moving in 2 Weeks!!

Closed Thread

Talking Moving in 2 Weeks!!

Hi all,
    Just a quick note to say hello and introduce myself. I've been watching the message boards and getting as much information as humanly possible from all of you for the last two months! I'm excited that my move is finally near and can't wait to live and breathe (sans the pollution - ha!) hong kong!

So I hate to ask the same questions over and over again, but what's your opinion of living in Kennedy Town? I am a single woman, 32, moving from northern california, love the nightlife but also like to get away from it all at times. I'll be working in Central. Kennedy Town seems to be a nice balance. My budget is $15K/month tops so the Merton appeals to me. I've recently read that there are about 2 bars in KT - any new ones since 2006? Do you feel as though it will continue to get a bit more lively or should I look elsewhere? I don't want to live in Central or Mid-Levels... that just seems too expensive and too busy for me. Anywhere else I should be focused on checking out?

Can't wait to join in on the crew's happy hours, and events!

dying from excitement!
    Rachel

I would highly suggest Kennedy Town. The two bars there are great for an afterwork drink or a relaxed and freindly weekend. The area is becoming more and more expat freindly with a fair population of them and it is pretty close to Central/Lan Kwai Fong for your work/party needs.

Kennedy Town is also safe and has decent transport that is about to get better when the MTR arrives.

wellcome

Quote Originally Posted by patcherific:
    Hi all,
    Just a quick note to say hello and introduce myself. I've been watching the message boards and getting as much information as humanly possible from all of you for the last two months! I'm excited that my move is finally near and can't wait to live and breathe (sans the pollution - ha!) hong kong!

So I hate to ask the same questions over and over again, but what's your opinion of living in Kennedy Town? I am a single woman, 32, moving from northern california, love the nightlife but also like to get away from it all at times. I'll be working in Central. Kennedy Town seems to be a nice balance. My budget is $15K/month tops so the Merton appeals to me. I've recently read that there are about 2 bars in KT - any new ones since 2006? Do you feel as though it will continue to get a bit more lively or should I look elsewhere? I don't want to live in Central or Mid-Levels... that just seems too expensive and too busy for me. Anywhere else I should be focused on checking out?

Can't wait to join in on the crew's happy hours, and events!

dying from excitement!
    Rachel
    keneddy town is good close by central. i like south horizons little far may be it will take 30 min. to reach to central but other wise top facilities are there in your budget. must check atleast once/

take care and good luck

Priyanka

thank you!

It's a relief to see some positive responses regarding KT. I know I shouldn't be putting my hopes in one place without being there (but I've been obsessed!),and I was dreading hearing all the reasons WHY I shouldn't consider it. Thanks

I'll check out South Horizons definitely - haven't seen any listings for there yet!

Rach

Hi Rachel,
    Also check out Tai Hang in Causeway Bay. Causeway Bay is very busy, but Tai Hang is up the mountain and it is very peaceful and relaxing and the location is great. It is a couple subway stops away from Central where all the expats hang out. I haven't been there because I'm not such a party animal. I'm turning 30 next week but seem to be going on 40! haha!
    Good luck in finding a place and if you need any help or want to meet up when you arrive, send me a message!
    Enjoy your last moments in CA.. we moved from NY and I miss it like crazy!!!

Response

Hi Rachel:

I am also moving to HK (or perhaps Macau where we also have an office) from San Francisco and am single. I don't know anyone either. Any advice?

Thanks, Rachel,

Laura