Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Matt_NT
  • 1 Post By Claire ex-ax
  • 1 Post By bibbju
  • 1 Post By Matt_NT

Hong Kong Dependent visa, while staying in UK.

Closed Thread

Hong Kong Dependent visa, while staying in UK.

Dear Mates,
    I need some advise for my friend.

He has got British Passport, but now they are living in UK.

Wife has still got HK Permanent ID Card as she is visiting Hong Kong every 3 Years.

He used to live in Hong Kong as dependent of his wife. They left Hong Kong after staying there for 3 Years as dependent.
    He has got HKID but his dependent visa on his passport has expired. I think, now he can't enter Hong Kong on his ID card, as that should have expired as well with visa on his passport.
    Does he needs, to apply fresh dependent visa.
    If he needs to apply for fresh visa, is that possible to apply while both staying in UK.
    How much Finance do we need to show to prove financial stability.
    Do we need to find job in Hong Kong plus proposal letter?
    If you need any more information, please feel free to ask.
    Many Thanks for all your reply and help.

Last edited by chen2012; 27-06-2012 at 09:21 AM.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Why does he need a dependent visa if he isn't living in Hong Kong?

He wants to move Hong Kong

If it has ran out then I would imagine that a new application would need to be made as your friend did not have RTL/RTA in Hong Kong.

From what I remember about the application you can apply from the UK but may be more difficult if there is not housing/job in HK. There is no magic number on finances but between £10-15k helps but is no guarantee as each application will differ.

It may be easier if work was sought first by the permanent resident then applying for the visa. If you friend holds a UK passport then they can spend 6 months being a tourist while work is sought. Once in a better position the application can be made.

chen2012 likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Yes, a new application. However, it might be smoother by virtue of a previous visa having be issued. The sponsor has to show sufficient funds to support the dependent, including accommodation (seems to be acceptable if the couple will be living with relatives). Money-wise, I've heard around the $200,000 mark, which is in the sponsor's name.

chen2012 likes this.

Guys,
    Do you think, even if he made a fresh application, will he get any advantage for been there with clean record?
    Secondly what are chances, if they have got about HK$100K in their joint account and apply while staying in the UK?
    Many Thanks

Just curious....is there some reason why your friend isn't capable of making these enquiries himself?

carang likes this.

I think the OP is the "friend" but nevertheless having no criminal records will help but the 100K in saving may not be enough. I was nervous with over $200,000 in the joint account. I suppose it may be enough IF the is proof that accommodation is sorted, e.g. a letter for a relative that you were living there.

The fact that it depends on each applicant will mean that there is no magic number. I've heard $100,000 being enough in the past but cost of living is increasing so the immigration may be more stringent.

Good Luck!!!

chen2012 likes this.

Thanks alot to you all and again Thanks for sharing kind information.

if you can show HKD100,000 in the current account and atleast HKD10,000 per month coming in you wont have a problem.