Importing my car how it works?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

oh...there is another requirement that's hard for someone to notice it.

in order to import a vehicle to HK, it has to have airbags (for driver and front passenger)
    so don't expect to import TVR or Noble or Ultimate (fastest car in the world)

and I don't think you can import any car that's made before 2002 anymore, because of the emission regulation

don't know how old you car was, but you can import car which is more then 20 years old.

on thing i would like to ask is, do you know how much is it to ship the car over??
    coz i want to ship mine too.

Does anyone know how to value an imported car

Can anyone tell me howthe HK gov values an imported secndhand car for the purposes of registering it in HK. I am thinking with a complete collapse in the pound and a recssion and the frighteningly high price of cars heer that there ma be an argument to now bring a car in from UK.

Thanks

J

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson:
    Can anyone tell me howthe HK gov values an imported secndhand car for the purposes of registering it in HK. I am thinking with a complete collapse in the pound and a recssion and the frighteningly high price of cars heer that there ma be an argument to now bring a car in from UK.

Thanks

J
    I was thinking the same thing!

Mercedes 350 SL and BMW 645 cabrio's have plummeted! 20k sterling for each one less than 5 years old too.