Like Tree24Likes

What do I bring?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    You will enjoy Sogo on a Sunday .

Great place for a bit of everything but can be a little like playing rugby in there.

Decent deep base pans are expensive here, but woks as you would expect can be fairly cheap. Designer cookware will carry a premium purely as they are aimed at expats and wealthy locals.

Advice is bring these types of things over if possible as it can become expensive buying it all again.
    dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dipper:
    Have you tried food? It is widely available in Hong Kong and contains the full range of vitamins.
    Have you tried not being a troll? Why you're a freaking genius!

Have you ever heard of people having vitamin deficiencies that cannot be solved by diet? Despite living in one of the sunniest countries I have a vitamin D deficiency which requires a large daily dose to ward off other health problems.
    dear giant, k-dish and kt24 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dipper:
    Have you tried food? It is widely available in Hong Kong and contains the full range of vitamins.
    *** like ***

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by mik.wat:
    Have you tried not being a troll? Why you're a freaking genius!

Have you ever heard of people having vitamin deficiencies that cannot be solved by diet? Despite living in one of the sunniest countries I have a vitamin D deficiency which requires a large daily dose to ward off other health problems.
    I am sincerely interested what kind of deficiency that is if it cannot be solved with 3 oz of Salmon a day (100%+ of the recommended daily vitamin D allowance) or other real food, and a bit of sunshine. Do feel free to enlighten me.

fair point on the trolling if ppl want or need to buy vitamins let them, some random on a forum isn't going to change their minds with smart questions...

dear giant likes this.

I shall endeavour to desist from making unhelpful vitamin related quips in future.

how about you throw away everything you don't really need and buy new stuff when you really need it in HK? I am in the process of getting rid of my worldly possessions. The move to HK and into a smaller aptmt (1/3 the size of what I had before) has helped a lot, so has the recent death of a friend.
    In a few years from now I will have worn off all my clothing, great.

Having said that, I know of people who - out of principle - only have belongings that fit into two bags just because they have only two arms.

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL:
    I am sincerely interested what kind of deficiency that is if it cannot be solved with 3 oz of Salmon a day (100%+ of the recommended daily vitamin D allowance) or other real food, and a bit of sunshine. Do feel free to enlighten me.
    Sorry, thought I made it clear, a vitamin D deficiency. That’s all you’re going to get.

None of your suggestions have helped.

Enlightened yet?

Quote Originally Posted by k-dish:
    Can someone please give me the websites or names of the shops that sells nice cookwares like from Scanpan and Jamie Oliver? I want to compare the prices please.
    scanpan_淘宝搜索

Yes, there will be some fakes there, guaranteed. Check reputation carefully and Caveat Emptor.

Quote Originally Posted by dear giant:
    All that being said, I have no idea what prices are like in Australia.
    If you are ever in the mood for a "western" style vacation, wonderful inns&hotels, exceptional food, beautiful scenery, lovely people as well as some of the finest wine the world has to offer then I would suggest you book a ticket to Perth, hop on a car and drive the 3 hours down to Margaret River.

Once you are there, you will experience some of the finest things our world has on offer but boy, will it be eye watering experience. Damn, I found that place to be one of the most expensive anywhere; hell it was even more expensive than the BVIs.

As an added bonus, you'll discover Australian prices.
    After my vacation, I was left wondering how anyone can afford to live there...