Like Tree24Likes

What do I bring?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

What do I bring?

So.... I'm moving to HK in 3 weeks time from Australia with my husband. I've been looking up things in the internet about buying stuff in HK. It looks rather expensive to me. Starting from rent to pots and pans and food... everything. What should I bring? As in what is hard to find in HK that I should bring? Please help!

The best thing to bring is enough clothing. Think if all the time it took you to buy and maybe also alter what you have. It's not an easily replicable task. Pots and pans you can bring but clothing is key.

Remember to bring your Mac Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by HKNumberOne:
    The best thing to bring is enough clothing. Think if all the time it took you to buy and maybe also alter what you have. It's not an easily replicable task. Pots and pans you can bring but clothing is key.
    Thanks for the reply. I'm all sorted for clothes. Before I was into chucking everything and thinking about buying new kitchenware and what not in HK. Seems a bit expensive. We get to bring decent kgs of stuff from here for free. I'm more into branded kitchenwares. Just because there are crazy stocktake sales in Australia at the moment, I was thinking to buy some decent pots and pans and dinnerware from Maxwell Williams. I'm a bit worried if I get them, I might feel stupid later coz they're cheaper in HK? Are they any cheaper than here in sale in Aus? How about scanpans? Looks like Ikea is the main store there for homewares and I'm so over looking at Ikea stuff here already. Any nice homeware stores that I can check online and compare the prices?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    Remember to bring your Mac Pro.
    Definitely bringing my Mac. Thanks :-)

Your favorite toiletries and medication, especially if you use dry stick underarm anti perspirant.
    It might take you a while to find acceptable products here.

dear giant likes this.

And lots of socks. You can't get them here.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    And lots of socks. You can't get them here.
    Really? Socks???
    bookblogger likes this.

if you have the room Just bring everything except furniture. if you don't have a full container then stick to essentials. yes you can buy most stuff here but yes finding it can be painful and some things are expensive.

When I go to Aus on business trips I purchase I Breadmix, toilleteries,
    pharmacy products and clothes and Shoes.

Sensible sized clothes and Shoes are hard to find here. Particularly bra's if you are female.

And any favourite snacks until you find local oquluatente equivalents.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Gavelina likes this.

Just make sure you have enough storage space for your things in your new HK apartment. Especially if you are looking at buying Costco-sized consumables. I'm always tempted to buy the industrial size mayo (Hellman's cost a lot more here!), olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Bounce dryer sheets etc.when I go back to Canada but have to really restrain myself as my cupboard space here is a lot more limited.

dear giant likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast