Moving to HK from the UK

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sorry I did not realise that this was the case, I'm sure I just applied the same way as you all do. It was my partner that applied on my behalf and I then wrote a letter confirming that the information is correct.

Thanks. But just to be clear, are you sure (sorry to doubt this, but you are unique in this forum's experience) that what you have is a Dependant Visa, not an Employment Visa through your job as a NET (if I understand your other posts correctly). In other words, what does the Visa stamp in your passport say on it?

That's OK, Yes it is a dependent visa. I didn't realise this was a unique case. Time changes a lot of things and not many people get married these days so I'm guessing they now have to consider partners that live together.

People have reported within the last few months so this isn't a time-based thing. It has been quite a major achievement to get an extended visitor's visa. Dependant when unmarried is unique as far as I know.

Is your partner related to Stanley Ho or some other big triad boss or something?

this seems to get interesting every time i relog so are u saying that in some cases they do give out dependent visas? and with these visas can you work on this visa?

Well, only way to find out for sure is to apply.

Where do i sign up?

Quote Originally Posted by Newt:
    this seems to get interesting every time i relog so are u saying that in some cases they do give out dependent visas? and with these visas can you work on this visa?
    I think what we are saying is that the answer has always been a clear no, but that SemUK's partner has achieved a miracle. Make sure you treat her well Sem, she must have important contacts

ok well then in that case i would like to thank everyone for helping me.
    and for gaining some valuable information

Last edited by Newt; 29-11-2007 at 09:02 PM.