Like Tree34Likes

What do you bring back to HK when you travel overseas?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdollars:
    Cadburys chocolate, the real stuff not the Aussie rubbish... Reggae reggae sauce.
    Yes! Couldn't agree more re the real Cadburys. Reggae reggae sauce however was distinctively disappointing I found...

Quote Originally Posted by CAP:
    Depends where I am returning from, but:
    - clothing (I still think clothes in the US are best balance of affordability yet quality for more name brand stuff, and Thailand the best for the cheaper lounge about type wear)
    - Gatsby after shower spritz (Lemon) from Japan
    - a shot glass or tea set from wherever I'm traveling to (if it's the first time in a long time)
    - gifts for people

I don't really like traveling heavy, so all of the above depend on my current stock levels (except gifts, of course).

*Edit:
    One other thing I'll buy from the US (or Japan), is high quality music and camera equipment. It isn't often, but if I am to buy, I will buy from either of those two places. Much cheaper to buy the good stuff there!!!!
    I thought camera stuff are pretty affordable in HK. Are the prices in US better? We are moving to HK in Dec, and are thinking of getting a Olympus OMD EM5 when we get there.

Quote Originally Posted by penguins:
    I thought camera stuff are pretty affordable in HK. Are the prices in US better? We are moving to HK in Dec, and are thinking of getting a Olympus OMD EM5 when we get there.
    The prices in HK have gone up (a lot) the last few years so I find that generally cameras are cheaper now in the US. I buy as much as I can via Amazon but the big expensive dslr bodies I buy at Wing Shing (Mong Kok) just to avoid warranty problems. Not sure how Olympus handles warranty though, better check their website. Prices.com.hk is in Chinese but if you fill in your camera make/model you can get an idea of the prices at the reputable stores, watch out for grey import though. Make sure if you buy here it HK warranty certificate!

Forgot to say loads of ' King of Shaves ' shaving Gels, ( simply the ultimate - no substitutes )
    Loreal for men
    ' King of Shaves ' face wash and face balm

i bring instant noodles and bags of rice

just kidding.

meds, chocolate chunks cookies, cereal, shampoo, shaving cream, bags of chips, spices, running shoes, chocolate chips, packages for making spaghetti sauce etc., cheese, huggie baby wipes, baby formula

definitely this has to be a joke....

Just arrived back from Sweden and the UK yesterday arvo. Both our bags were ( well, always every trip....) overloaded with sweets, underwear that fits, textiles and sewing accessories, mags, dried foodstuffs like Fresta hallon or citron creme, toothpaste and toiletries from Sweden.

From UK, decent branded and comfortable shoes at decent prices ( or half of that in HK) like Russell and Bromley, Dune etc..M&S underwear ( again, half the price of HK), clothes, sweets, jams n jellys like quince and lavender, toiletries, books not available in HK yet, booze, sewing supplies, nurofen cold n flu ( ha ha, I'm still unpacking. ) . ..

If I could bring back a British pub, I would.

kimwy66 likes this.

Heinz low calorie salad creme, marks and spencer sausages, reach flossers, bread mix, twiglets, clothes that fit me!

Sent from my GT-N8000 using GeoClicks mobile app

Didn't bring much when I came here, but next time I'll make sure to bring lots of chocolate from Holland, cause the quality of the chocolate here is CRAP, and it's ridiculously expensive. The same goes for cookies.

Also, sun-block. Here you get tiny little bottles which are wayyyy to expensive, so I'd be better off just bring a bunch of bottles from Holland, (Lidl 30SPF for about 4 euro or something, which is 40HK$)

I don't think we're allowed to bring in butter, or else I'd bring in that as well.

From the uk: real cadburys chocolate and jeans. Everytime.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast