Can my rabbit fly in-cabin to HK from USA?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wink Can my rabbit fly in-cabin to HK from USA?

Hi all -

I'm moving to HK and taking my rabbit with me. It seems that quarantine is not necessary for the bunny and yet I can't find information on whether or not I can actually fly him in-cabin. He meets the airlines standards for in-cabin flying, but the airlines only have cat and dog information for HK. Where can I find out about rabbits? Anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

According to IATA pets allowed in the cabin -- depends on the Airlines.

Cathay Pacific for example only allows dogs in the cabin.

http://www.cathaypacific.com/intl/fa..._list?faqID=49

Thanks, KnowItAll. But the airlines I've called so far say that Hong Kong's rules don't allow them to fly the cats and dogs in cabin...that they MUST go in cargo. One airline thought it may not apply to rabbits and it may also be an older rule that was part of the U.K.'s doing.

Flying Bunnies

Hi there,

I am moving to Bermuda and have two rabbits that I would like to re-home in France - brother and sister-inlaw said that they will add them to there collection!!

Dd you manage to fly yours to HK? Is it safe for bunnies to fly? And were you able to bring them as passengers??

Thanks,

Hatters

My sister had to go with some obscure smaller company when she flew her rabbits within Europe. It was pretty safe for them, they had to be allocated a seat and all other passangers thought it was funny to see rabbits taking up a seat (they were though in a cage if anyone asks = p)

Cheers for that! That's good to know...I will ring some airlines in Ireland and check it out....It would be very funny!

Thanks,

Hatters

Hi Martin J.....It's Hatters again!

I have checked with a few airlines, and no bunnies allowed so far! I am not going until October - could you please ask your sister which airline she travelled with when you are talking to her next!

Thanks in advance,

Tricia

I can try, it was so many years ago, not sure if she will recall. It was a very small company and a short flight. But I will let you know if she recalls.
    Cheers

Sorry, she cant recall. Was way too long time ago.

Thanks for asking anyway!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast