Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By carang

Schools and more

Closed Thread

Schools and more

Hi All:

Our relocation agent has recommended the Korean International School, Kiangsu-Chekiang Primary School and College. Can anyone give us a sense of these schools? He is also recommending Happy Valley, Sau Kei Wan, Sai Wan Ho, and North Point as places to live. My husband's office is in Quarry Bay. Are these areas nice? Are there expats in these areas?

Thank you all for your insight into this!

hi,
    i live in shau kei wan, but sai wan ho is nicer! lots of parks, restaurants etc and a lot less busy than living in central.
    kiangsu is SUPER SUPER hard to get into, they have a massive waiting list, but korean international should be worth a try and if you live in sai wan ho will be a few minutes walk away. There are quite a few expats in sai wan ho, although not as many as north point or happy valley.
    hope this helps!

how old are your kid/s?

Thank you for your reply.Our child is 9 years old...

If you are moving from the US, i would recommend your looking at the US curriculum schools like the Canadian International and the HKIS which are pretty good. Happy Valley, as i saw it through my house hunt last week seemed more local than cosmopolitan, then again maybe it was the particular area i saw.

umm.... the CANADIAN int'l school follows a CANADIAN curriculum... NOT an american curriculum!

happy valley has a lot of expats... i think you may be new to HK?

chingleutsch likes this.