possible move from Oz to HK

possible move from Oz to HK

My husband has been offered a job in HK, so if we were to move it would be with our 3 boys, 11, 9 and 6. If anyone else has done this can you tell me how it is living in HK, and what the schooling is like? Thanks

Freogirl

In my opinion your enjoyment of HK is almost directly proportional to your income and your ability both in terms of time and money to come and go. The pollution, lack of open outdoors space and small geographical area of HK can only be offset by leaving regularly.

Make sure you will be well funded for your family to enjoy life here.

There are "international" schools which are privately run and funded. One of these is the Australian International School; it has a good reputation. Intl schools are high maintenance as are homes to live. The area around that school are, though, particularly oppulent - I have lived there :-) .

I have a slightly counter opinion to Larac's. Depending on where you choose to live you can have more or less open outdoor space and, unless you are used to romping all over Aussie, HK isn't that small. Unless you are here a long time, I bet you won't get every place in the territory. Plus your kids and their schedules will keep you from constantly exploring the whole place.
    However, I've been to Aussie and I live here now and the pollution level difference is a major issue.
    If it is for a roughly determined time and a good career move, I'd do it. If it is forever, I don't know that I'd do it because of the ever-worsening pollution situation. Talking to people who have lived here 5-10 years, things have really gone downhill.