Like Tree10Likes

Schools / Family locations to live / general info please!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Yes the OP hasn't mentioned budget. She did say DB seemed pricey and that got me thinking she wants to spend under 20k? I don't know why lol...

Quote Originally Posted by SiuMaiTaiTai:
    And how much is the cost of running a boat, the fees to be part of the marina as well as other costs?
    What is the op's budget actually I didn't see it anywhere...
    And where do people walk their dogs around that area? I know there is hiking and a beach but these aren't walks most people would take a small toy type dog on a daily basis and the marina area itself doesn't allow dogs right?
    The berthing fees depend on the size of the boat. Ours (62 foot) are approx 8k a month plus another 2 ish for club membership and fees and electricity and water costs.

People walk their dogs on the jetty and everywhere else in the gold coast. Provided they clean up any mess (there are hosepipes every 10 feet on the jetty so it's not hard) there is no issue. They certainly take toy dogs up to the Maclehose - I see a group of toy-dog-walkers regularly on that trail.

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    moving, i never said that they would fall in... but if they DID fall in, the dogs would be able to swim.
    I suspect that for most dogs if they fall in they would drown if you want my honest opinion. Not because they cannot swim but because it would be extremely hard for the dog to get out again without help (remember, the jetty is ABOVE the water, not in line with it like a beach).

But they don't fall in and they don't jump in. And there are lots of dogs. I don't know why, I just know what I see (or don't see) every day.

And my response was more in reaction to comments (not on here, at least as much in real life) from ignorant people (using ignorant in it's dictionary sense) who say things like "oh I couldnt live on a boat I get sea-sick/my dogs would fall in/my kids would fall in/my possessions might fall overboard/how would I go to the loo/" and other ridiculous comments.

And don't you have to clean the boat? How much is that? It is pricey stuff !
    Didn't say no body would take a small/toy breed on a hike, I'm saying it isn't really convenient for a quick 20 min walk, 3 times a day.
    Personally, if an estate doesn't allow dogs then I don't think people with dogs should move there, it isn't like dog owners don't have any choice.

And don't you have to clean the boat? How much is that? It is pricey stuff !
    Didn't say no body would take a small/toy breed on a hike, I'm saying it isn't really convenient for a quick 20 min walk, 3 times a day.
    Personally, if an estate doesn't allow dogs then I don't think people with dogs should move there, it isn't like dog owners don't have any choice.
    You seem a bit confused. The marina is not in an estate so whatever they do is irrelevant.
    The berthing rules discourage dogs but there is no way they can enforce it because too many dogs are on the boats and the boats are mobile - ban my dog and I leave. Completely different to a flat.

Cleaning is typically done by the DH. Or you hire someone for about HKD400 a clean.

I'm on about the general GC estate/buildings, not the boats or the villas as they are hardly budget friendly, I say that because the OP said DB was a bit pricey, so I assume fees of $8-10k pm would be significant.

I'm on about the general GC estate/buildings, not the boats or the villas as they are hardly budget friendly, I say that because the OP said DB was a bit pricey, so I assume fees of $8-10k pm would be significant.
    I guess it was the use of the word "Boat" in the opening sentence that confused me.

Sorry guys, our Budget would be a max of 20k a month. We would get 10k as a monthly allowance and ideally wouldn't want to spend much more.
    My home business is animal care, dog walking, training, home boarding etc etc. Probably not much need for it in HK!
    I have no fear of my children or dogs falling off the boat. My parents lived on a canal boat for years so my boys are well used to boats, as is my Bichon. My pup would soon learn! Do you need a license for the boats? Or water tax? Here you need a different tax for each river/canal you are going to travel on. I know a houseboat will usually stay in one place but would be nice to have the option. Do any of you travel on your boats?
    My dogs are up for hiking. Being a walker here they are very used to walking for hours with different clients dogs. Is there somewhere to go from the marina at GC where they could get a good run? Having access to a garden here means they can always charge around when the moment takes them so I think the need for open space will be required to let off steam!
    Being new to this, how do I contact someone directly to ask a question?

Park island would be my choice. Has a school on the island, excellent facilities for kids, and regular shuttle to airport. For 20 k you can get a 3 brm condo with balcony any ocean views.

Park island is also perfect for dogs I should. Has a dedicated dog park, dog beach, and hiking trails great for dogs.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast