Like Tree4Likes

Confusing Hong Kong Move !!!!!! Please Help.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

@Carang,

Yes - multicultural was probably the wrong word, but you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by puddingbowl 14:
    Hi All,

I really hope that you guy's could please help us with a major problem,your advice would be fantastic.

My family and i are moving out to H.K for three years,we have a 8 year old son,I have emailed a couple of ESF schools directly regarding places and whilst they were very helpful they have made it clear we have to go down the waiting list route,we always new that was the correct route to take however on the application from it ask's for our son's I.D number,we do not have this yet,we also cannot put down a residental address as we are prepared to move wherever a space becomes avalible.

Our ideal location for living is DB however we don't want to set up a apartment and find we cannot find a place for my son.

I am currently in H.K for the next 2 weeks,does anyone have advice of how i can use this time to help the process.

Many Thanks for your time..

Hi, as this is an old thread I am not sure whether you will receive this but I was just wondering how you got on with applying for schools for your 8 year old from overseas? I am in UK at the moment trying to apply for local english medium schools for my 8 year old daughter and have the same issue with providing the information required on the application forms. One school got back to me to say that we couldn't apply until we were living in HK. Thing is, where we live will very much be decided by which school our daughter gets in to. We are moving in June which doesn't give us much time before the schools close for summer. We really would like to secure her a place at a school before moving. Surely this is an option? Any advice you could offer having been in the same position would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks

Charley

local schools stop for summer in mid-july... so you may have more time than you think.