• 2 Post By MovingIn07
  • 3 Post By Oldtimer
  • 1 Post By Joseph098765

Moving from India to Hong Kong`

Closed Thread

Moving from India to Hong Kong`

Hi Everyone,

Need some Advise,

My wife was contacted by a private Job overseas consultant and told that her profile was matching for banking jobs in HK.
    Currently she is unemployed.
    I work in a MNC. Iam in a dilemma whether to leave the current job and go to HK as a dependent, will i be able to get a job in HK,. will our kids 3years and 6 years old be able to get school admissions
    1) what is a decent salary for a family of 4 in HK
    2) For travelling of office what is the mode of transport.

Please advise

I wouldnt worry unless she actually gets a job offer. many unemployed bankers already in hk. sounds like a scam to me. whatever you do dont pay the consultant anything.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Joseph098765 and vranjit like this.

I agree with above post. But you, answers are
    1. Asking decent salary is a funny question, you should know living cost and then add your top up. General living cost is as follows - starting from HKD 14,000 (RENT), starting from HKD 15,000 (2 kids international school) HKD 5,000 (helper - both working, you need helper) HKD 4,000 (food - grocery) HKD 1,000 (Grocery), HKD 3,000 (TV, Internet, Mobile, other expense) - add medical + income tax etc - now calculate what should be decent salary. - Can't say if I have missed anything.
    2. Main travel mode is MTR but it depends where you live and where you work

vranjit likes this.

[QUOTE=vranjit;2127698]Hi Everyone,

Need some Advise,
    "My wife was contacted by a private Job overseas consultant and told that her profile was matching for banking jobs in HK. Currently she is unemployed."

Please be very careful. This is a racket. These consultant collect fees in advance and then disappear. At present Banks in Hong Kong are all cutting down. Many unemployed bankers in HK. Be warned.

Dreadnought, JaredHK and vranjit like this.