Gleanely and other schools

Closed Thread

Gleanely and other schools

We are moving from USA to the mid-levels this July 2008. Does anyone have feedback regarding Glenealy school? My daughter will be entering 3rd grade (USA) so 4th grade in HK. How long would the commute be to HK school or Canadian intn;l school repulse bay from mid-levels? Any feed-back would be appreciated.

I have no idea. But the people at geobaby/geokids have a better handle on the whole school thing. Would suggest you post there (if you haven't already).
    From what I have seen, you'd be best to contact the schools ASAP and start the admissions process. Some of the wait lists are longer than you going to want to know about.

My niece is in Gleanealy - nice school, small campus.

Not sure what you mean by HK school? You mean HKIS?

Glenealy is small, and only have 2 classes of 30 kids per year. Maybe a bit difficult to get into. Also contact the other ESF schools, Peak and Kennedy. Canadian Int'l is in Aberdeen and is a bit closer than HKIS. The Canadian school bus picks up from Mid-Levels at around 7am. Bus ride would be around 30-45mins.

primary schools for my kids

Thank you for your feed-back. I am also considering Hong Kong Academy primary school? Any thoughts about that school? We can apply through a special coorporate form for Gleanely, I understands it's going to be difficult but i will give it a try. I would really like to live in the mid-levels but I don't want a long commute for my children. I may have to reconsider our housing options, maybe Repulse Bay to be close to HKIS...