moving to macau to become a permanent resident

Reply
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1

    moving to macau to become a permanent resident

    I am interested in moving to and living in Macau. I would like to know of an english version of the Macau laws. I would like to know the process and what the prerequisites are? I have heard of the investment residency, what is this?


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    TST and Macau
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by allison5
    I am interested in moving to and living in Macau. I would like to know of an english version of the Macau laws. I would like to know the process and what the prerequisites are? I have heard of the investment residency, what is this?
    It is no longer possible to obtain a residence and work permit through purchasing property.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1

    Can forget about it, I've applied the investment residency for more than 16 months by now still no news yet. Don't really know what are they doing there. Everytime I called them they say your apllication is still under verification. I had a friend that already waited for 2 years and still no approval yet can u imagine that. My advice if they resume the investment residency don't waste your time and money for it.


  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,165

    is not good to live in Macau... the city is already dirty enough

    HK is a bit better


  5. #5
    Mat
    Mat is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    14,601
    Quote Originally Posted by apple&dog
    is not good to live in Macau... the city is already dirty enough

    HK is a bit better
    Beg to differ - unless you are on a full expat package (or a very comfy local one), Macao offer a better lifestyle (less time spent on transport, school affordables, food/rent...cheaper)

    I have lived in both cities (about 4 years in Macao and about the same in HK) and to me while I love the energy of HK...Macao makes me feel a lot more relax. The city is not more dirty than HK (unless you never stepped in ShamShuiPo or the likes)

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    TST and Macau
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Martion
    Can forget about it, I've applied the investment residency for more than 16 months by now still no news yet. Don't really know what are they doing there. Everytime I called them they say your apllication is still under verification. I had a friend that already waited for 2 years and still no approval yet can u imagine that. My advice if they resume the investment residency don't waste your time and money for it.
    I applied in December 2006 when the property investment scheme was still in force. They gave me an interview appointment for September 2007. I finally was approved in June 2008. It does take time.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    TST and Macau
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by apple&dog
    is not good to live in Macau... the city is already dirty enough

    HK is a bit better
    It is a priceless breeze you run your company out of Macau rather than HK - no audits for smaller companies. (As long as you don't need local staff. Qualified people in Macau are very very very hard to come by). They all disappear in the casinos.

    If you go to Macau regularly, you better have an ID card (not easy to get now) or you end up spending hours in queues (especially from Zhuhai).

    In Macau having a working permit does not qualify for an ID card and residency. The call is non resident labour, holding a blue card and having to queue with the tourist.
    Last edited by hktraveller; 03-08-2009 at 08:58 AM.