Moving to HK after university

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiqi:
    BTW - are you two Siamese twins or something?
    we're just twins, not siamese
    We'd like to go together to share the flat rent eheh

about the employment visa, we understand what you meant.So if we go there for 3 months and scout out a job would be better.
    Can you explain us something? why shouldnt foreign apply for a waiter job? I mean it's not that bad..

As long as you have fairly low expectations, you could have a great time!
    @Raiqi: do you mean that we'll live like slave or a decent living?

@hello_there: we have IELTS & TOEFL & FCE (english) but not for italian. We have a French's certification level B2 (low i know ).
    Do they have some value on looking for a job?

Quote Originally Posted by fiol_brothers:
    Can you explain us something? why shouldnt foreign apply for a waiter job? I mean it's not that bad..
    Because the Immigration Department will not grant an Employment Visa for jobs as a waiter!

You should read the ImmD website, particularly here: The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region - Immigration Department

thx for the link.
    we read it and infact we cannot do that kind of job. What a pity.
    But what about teaching? we are Italian and obviously we know italian really well, but we dont have any certifaction about it. If we'd like to teach Italian there, we need something to prove our italian? and what about english? Usually they're looking for native speakers or not?

Another question: (sponsorship) what about relatives who live there? we have our uncle/auntie who live there and he has a job.

Last edited by fiol_brothers; 08-01-2008 at 06:19 PM.

>> we have our uncle/auntie who live there and he has a job.

They cannot sponsor you, as you're not dependents. However, they could help you find a job ...

I c....thank you

Ah well, give me a note when you get into town. Its a great place and there is lots of stuff happening. hit your relatives up for a place to stay for a couple of weeks and you will be sailing!

Quote Originally Posted by Raiqi:
    Ah well, give me a note when you get into town. Its a great place and there is lots of stuff happening. hit your relatives up for a place to stay for a couple of weeks and you will be sailing!
    We've already been in HK last summer for 1 month and loved the place (we arent the type of guys who like clubing, we hate those places ). Btw, it was only holiday and we didnt look for a job
    We stayed in our relative's flat but next we'll be staying in a friend of ours flat.
    We're coming back this winter for 2 or 3 weeks.