Like Tree18Likes

[Help]-Wanna move to Hong Kong and find a job

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

[Help]-Wanna move to Hong Kong and find a job

Hi all,

Because of some reason, now I wanna move to Hong Kong for several years and hope to find a job first. I am trying to find a job from some job websites, but have no result. I can speak English only, not Chinese (just started learning for a short time).

I graduated university for over one year and working for a multi national company in Vietnam. I am willing to work at any position with normal salary (just need help me to live there first).

Please give me some advice or help me find a job.

I am really grateful.

Best regards.

Go there, marry local girl, get dependent visa, make Macau trip to activate visa, get job.

Then make lots of babies so her family will be proud of the two of you.

Hi Duchmen,

Thanks for your advice, but I have my Chinese girl already (she is living in Hunan - China) and don't want to betray her. I wanna move to Hong Kong for sereral years just because of her, I wanna to prepare something for our future, not want to live there for the whole life.

Hope that you will give me another advice.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by buihuy89:
    I have my Chinese girl already (she is living in Hunan - China
    If your girlfriend is living in China, why don't you move there? Hong Kong and China are different, different place, different rules.

It's not as easy as just deciding that you want to move here, live here and work here.

You should do your research first if you're that serious in working here.

You may have trouble if you have a vietnamese passport...

Sent from my GT-I8150 using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by avengedsevenfold:
    If your girlfriend is living in China, why don't you move there? Hong Kong and China are different, different place, different rules.

It's not as easy as just deciding that you want to move here, live here and work here.

You should do your research first if you're that serious in working here.
    Thanks for reminding me.

I think I can know what you mean. However, I just need prepare sth for our future, and Hong Kong is better for me. I can not use Chinese (just started to learn for a short time). Before having final decision, I thought carefully, but had some ways to have job there, and some of them were not successful. I am trying with others, and need your help also.

I'm also searching a job there and apply day by day. Besides, I ask somebody's help who can help me.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

No (Chinese) language skills and minimal work experience (a fresh graduate really). You have to find a job whereby the employer (employment visa sponsor) can show the Immigration Department that no local person can do the job. So, what extraordinary skills do you have that cannot already be found in Hong Kong? This may help us guide you because you aren't going to get sponsorship of an employment visa for just "any" job.

Another option, can your current employer transfer you to its office in Hong Kong, or China for that matter?

Plus there's the whole Vietnamese passport thing, as already mentioned. What passport do you hold?

cw1483 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by buihuy89:
    Besides, I ask somebody's help who can help me.
    Wow, with that attitude, I am sure people would jump the gun to help a young guy with minimal experience , unknown citizenship, and typos. At this point, honestly speaking, I am not sure with your qualifications if you could even get an interview, let alone a work visa to work in HK.

So... All what you say mean that It's really hard for me to find a job there? Or even I can not find a job there with only over one year expirience? Then I should give up?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Some points as you are unaware how things work:

- If you are not in Hong Kong, you are not available for interview. Your resume gets tossed right away.

- You have no special skills needed in Hong Kong.

- You have one year of work experience. Which is nothing.

- You are competing against people who have Chinese language skills, local knowledge, local connections/network, available for interview, local experience, willing to work for a pittance...

- Some employers do not want to sponsor an employment visa and will not consider anyone who needs sponsoring.

- You (presumably) are Vietnamese - BIG mark against you. The Immigration Department website states that Vietnamese passport holders are not eligible for entry for employment or investment.

And there are other things. If you want a job in Hong Kong, and the necessary visa, you need to have special skills needed in Hong Kong.

You keep saying you want a job but you seem to be fit for nothing. What do you bring to the table that makes you stand out from everyone else?

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 19-10-2012 at 02:35 PM.
    buihuy89 and carang like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast