Travelling from Sai Kung To Taikoo Place

Closed Thread

Travelling from Sai Kung To Taikoo Place

Hello All,

We are moving into a village house in Sai Kung in January from Singapore. I will be working in Quarry Bay and i was wondering.... I know we will need at least one car with the kids etc. but is it feasible for me to either ride a bike to Hang Hau MTR or light bus? I'll need to be in at work at around 930? Is there anyone here who has faced the same trip? Or will it be a crazy pain in the ass and should we just get two cars?

Thanks

J

Depends on where in Sai Kung.

Ride a bike? I wouldn't recommend it.

Bus to Hang Hau then MTR to Quarry Bay will be your best bet.

Hi, I do the same commute. You can take the 101 minibus from close to the waterfront in SK all the way to Hang Hau, and then the MTR. It depends on where in SK you are going to be living, but you are guaranteed a seat if you get on there.

Drop me an email if you need further details.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Jamcorp:
    Hello All,

We are moving into a village house in Sai Kung in January from Singapore. I will be working in Quarry Bay and i was wondering.... I know we will need at least one car with the kids etc. but is it feasible for me to either ride a bike to Hang Hau MTR or light bus? I'll need to be in at work at around 930? Is there anyone here who has faced the same trip? Or will it be a crazy pain in the ass and should we just get two cars?

Thanks

J

I think it will be a CPIA, and would opt for the car..but thats just my opinion. I prefer sitting in my own car listening to tunes... to fighting crowds, pushing, shoving, touching, smelling, groping etc. Sai Kung to Quarry Bay on public transport could get old very fast.

That being said, why not try the commute for a few weeks and if it winds up being a CPIA, than buy a car. Sai Kung is a good place to buy a second hand vehicle if you decide you need one.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewa:
    Hi, I do the same commute. You can take the 101 minibus from close to the waterfront in SK all the way to Hang Hau, and then the MTR. It depends on where in SK you are going to be living, but you are guaranteed a seat if you get on there.
    101 works very well you can hop on at the terminus where it starts in Sai Kung City. But getting it along the way is a pain in the back. Expect to wait for 10-15 buses to get an empty seat.

No real idea about car traffic, but I guess it should be quite smooth, the Eastern Tunnel isn't too busy.

My husband does the same journey, we live in the country park so it's about 1hr 5 mins door to door for him via public transport. Having driven him to work on a few occasions I can tell you MTR is much quicker, the traffic going through the eastern tunnel isn't as bad as the cross harbour but its still slow going.