Does U.S Citizen with hotel experience has a better chance to find a job in Hongkong?

Closed Thread

Does U.S Citizen with hotel experience has a better chance to find a job in Hongkong?

Hello all,

I am from San Francisco and I am planning to move to Hong Kong for couple years. I read some of the related posts but it didn't really apply much to my case. I will be greatly appreciated if any experts can let me know the best way to look for a job that can also sustain my living. Living in Hongkong is my dream and I will take whatever to have this opportunity. Any other suggestions are welcomed as well!!

I have a bachelor degree in Hospitality Tourism Management. I recently graduated from SF state last January.I have one year working experience in the hotel industry, working as an Event Coordinator, Event Concierge, and Banquet Manager. In addition, I have 3 years experience working in the office environment as an Administrator Assistant.

I am U.S. Citizen. I can read and speak fluently in Cantonese and English and proficient in Mandarin and Vietnamese.

Please also let me know with my qualification, what other jobs I might also be qualified. Thank you very much!!!

Sorry, I'm not too sure about the industry you're working in, but I'd imagine your proficiency in all those languages will definitely give you a big advantage. Best of luck and hope it works out for you!

Very hard to say. In hotel work, languages are a plus but you still need to show skills that a local would not have to get a visa and secure a job paying a decent wage. I think most hotel jobs are not that well paid! I would try the major hotel chains and start networking and see what they say.