Like Tree7Likes

Where to get cardboard boxes for moving within HK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where to get cardboard boxes for moving within HK

Hi All,

I have been to Ikea and they only have small size boxes. What I am after are the large cardboard boxes the moving companies use. I have thought about the recycle centres but those boxes can be already dirty so unsuitable for our household goods.

Thanks for the help

The moving companies and storage firms

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    The moving companies and storage firms

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Thanks I thought that they would not supply these if they were not doing the move.

We have used East Asia Movers Hong Kong, 4 times so far, which in my opinion, charge very fair prices. http://www.eamovers.com.hk/

We were recently charged $6000 ( a large 4 bedroom home worth ) including about 50 large cardboard boxes, a big/full roll of 1 metre wide bubble wrap, 20 rolls of tape, wine bottle inserts and a number of clothing bags, delivered 2 weeks prior to moving day. They moved our entire house in a day and were finished by 6pm..

Ours was a fairly major move, so reckon it will be pretty hard to beat, it even included moving a fair amount of outdoor garden furniture, a large BBQ, sun umbrella's, and 3 Christmas trees ( douglas furs )

Not sure if they will supply boxes to non moving clients, but it cant hurt to give them a call on 2958 1233

Last edited by Skyhook; 24-02-2013 at 03:21 PM.
    bryant.english likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    We have used East Asia Movers Hong Kong, 4 times so far, which in my opinion, charge very fair prices. http://www.eamovers.com.hk/

We were recently charged $6000 ( a large 4 bedroom home worth ) including about 50 large cardboard boxes, a big/full roll of 1 metre wide bubble wrap, 20 rolls of tape, wine bottle inserts and a number of clothing bags, delivered 2 weeks prior to moving day. They moved our entire house in a day and were finished by 6pm..

Ours was a fairly major move, so reckon it will be pretty hard to beat, it even included moving a fair amount of outdoor garden furniture, a large BBQ, sun umbrella's, and 3 Christmas trees ( douglas furs )

Not sure if they will supply boxes to non moving clients, but it cant hurt to give them a call on 2958 1233

Wow brilliant thanks for all that info you have just saved a chunk of Internet aimlessness for me. My move will be fairly easy (A couple of pieces of furniture max)

I usually go round to Park n Shop and get them for free.

Blossoms likes this.

Philli stores, probably including worldwidehouse

as nassau stated, ask a park'n'shop or wellcome staff for freebie boxes some can be large, but most are smallest ( go to a few branches for a selection), if these boxes not big enough, ikea has some for reasonable size

if the boxes are too small, combine multiple boxes ( disassemble and double up with the second box of the same type) for bigger boxes

There is a box shop on either Mee Lun St. between Hollywood Rd and Gough St. just west of Central (it *could* possibly be on Shin Hing St. which is one street over). Go there during business hours and I'm sure you can buy a handful of boxes.

Why not also try just posting a "wanted" ad on this website's classifieds?

There are three source i can think of

Supermarket like park n shop (free box but beat up)
    office supply shop (usually small box only)
    moving or mini storage company like HongKong Storage (more choice, but more expensive)

Blossoms likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast