Good website about the actual move to HK?

Good website about the actual move to HK?

Hi,

I'm looking for a website that would perhaps list some moving companies, give some examples of how much we can expect to pay, explain how long it might take for our stuff to arrive (we are shipping books, clothes and small household items, but no furniture). Does anyone know where there might be something like this? Like a sort of Guide to Moving Overseas or something?

Thanks!
    GM

I know that AmCham does a Living in Hong Kong guide American Chamber of Commerce (Hong Kong) - Living in Hong Kong

But your questions are more directed at pre arrival check list and resources .... I would still encourage you to reach out and seek information from AmCham (don't need to be American to inquire).

As for movers/relocations company's:
    Crown http://www.crownworldwide.com/web/cw...w.index.htmand

Asian Tigers Asian Tigers Group

They may have some information regarding pre arrival as well.

Best of Luck!
    Look forward to Welcoming you to Hong Kong!

SevenSeasWorldwide is the site of one company doing such moves and explains it all pretty well (including an online instant quote system). I was very happy with their service.
    Last edited by KnowItAll; 14-04-2008 at 12:56 PM.

I'd second the recommendation about Seven Seas. Several of our members have used them to ship various small sized shipments. They seem to be restrictive in what they do, (for example they would not accept a couple of servers we needed moved from Miami to HK ... fair enough for me and not an issue for you).

In the US, each moving company is local. We used Beltman out of Atlanta area (think they are part of United) and they were really good, but you wouldn't get them outside of Atlanta.
    And they only shipped to the port. Once the stuff arrived here, a different company brought it to the apartment.
    Also, the time it takes to get here depends on whether you are air freighting or shipping and where it is coming from.
    Cost is going to depend on cubic space and weight.

Seven Seas looked good until I realized they don't ship from Canada. Bummer

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

Those were great responses. Thanks for all of the information! Can't wait to get there!

GM