What CAN'T you get in HK?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

There are no foods I miss from UK or Europe but I do miss the arrival of Spring and those long north European summer evenings.

the only thing i still get from the US is Invisible Deodorant.

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    the only thing i still get from the US is Invisible Deodorant.
    I suppose that would be impossible to find on the shelves here

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I suppose that would be impossible to find on the shelves here
    Well duh, it's invisible.

Quote Originally Posted by mumto2:
    Childrens SPF 30+ sunscreen in a decent size bottle that doesn't cost more than say US$20?
    Storm Force marine sell Rocky Mountain Suncream in different sizes and are well priced. I buy it from the yacht club but go to their website at stormforcemarine.com and you can contact them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    Sudocrem
    Both my mother in law and mother bring this out or give it to friends to bring out. Ironically you can buy it in Mothercare in Oman but not here. haven't tried the Mothercare own brand to see if it's the same.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterjay:
    Twizzlers
    Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
    Ruffles Salt n Vinegar
    Reese's are also available in City Super and Ruffles SnV are all over the place!

I only miss the Dutch stuff like stroopwafels (though Starbucks do something close), drop and Haagse Hopjes.
    Though some boittles of Old Peculiar wouldn't go amiss!

ahhhh no Ruffles SnV are NOT everywhere. Lays SnV are, and Ruffles Regular and BBQ are around but not the SnV. If I'm wrong and you've seen them everywhere, please enlighten me.

As to invisible deodorant...I think I've stood next to several people wearing it

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Lammarite:
    I only miss the Dutch stuff like stroopwafels...
    I've bought Dutch stroopwafels in Hong Kong, honey filled ones. Can't remember the brand but the packet was yellow with a bee on it.

Also bought Terrasana Organic waffles, two varieties: honey (honingwafels) and hazelnut (hazelnootwafels). But they are not cheap, $30 a pack.
    Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 15-04-2008 at 03:20 PM.

Girls that smile (or maybe it's me).

Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterjay:
    ahhhh no Ruffles SnV are NOT everywhere. Lays SnV are, and Ruffles Regular and BBQ are around but not the SnV. If I'm wrong and you've seen them everywhere, please enlighten me.
    There is a possibility that I may have them confused!

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    I've bought Dutch stroopwafels in Hong Kong, honey filled ones. Can't remember the brand but the packet was yellow with a bee on it.

Also bought Terrasana Organic waffles, two varieties: honey (honingwafels) and hazelnut (hazelnootwafels). But they are not cheap, $30 a pack.
    Yup- I found some Canadian maple syrup ones but them, and the honey ones, just ain't the real deal. Thanks though- we have lots of kaaskops in our office and building so there is a supply at times!

Hey what happened to Aunt Jemima syrup? You used to be able to get it here, not you can only find maple.

Speaking of things that have disappeared, anyone else notice all the deodorant sticks have mysteriously vanished, only roll-ons and sprays left? Odd

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast