I currently work and live in Dongguan, China under my US companies China Rep Office. I have a valid China work visa and pay Chinese taxes on the portion of my pay that is paid through the China office. In China, I am paid a minimum China salary for US citizens and the balance of my pay is paid in the USA directly to my US bank account.
I would like to move to Hong Kong. I would likely be traveling in and out of China 3-4 days per week and would be in Indonesia 3 months per year.
1) Since I work for a China Rep Office, how can I move to Hong Kong? Will I need a work visa in Hong Kong? Do I need to set up a Hong Kong Rep office when my company does no business in Hong Kong?
2) Since the only work I will be doing in Hong Kong is email, will I need to pay taxes in Hong Kong.
3) I am married with a baby on the way (hence the move to Hong Kong). I am assuming my wife will need a dependant pass.
4) My monthly apartment rent will be paid by wire transfer directly from the USA. Is it possible to rent directly under the company name as a "company apartment" and travel back and forth with a tourist visa?
5) My company did have a Hong Kong rep office about one year ago that was shut down when personnel changes were made. Will it be easier to re-open a rep office?
From what I have read on the forum so far, I will need to set up a Hong Kong Rep office, OR I will be limited to renting a Service Apartment only. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I would also appreciate any references to companies that could help me navigate this minefield! Right now, I would like to move to Hong Kong before August.