Clinical Psychology jobs

Clinical Psychology jobs

Hi,

I am considering a move to Hong Kong and would appreciate some advice on how to go about looking for jobs in the area I am qualified as a Clinical psychologist. Does anyone know if there are any opportunities in this field within the Hong Kong health care setting? Or would it be best to try and do some private assessment/ therapy work? Is there much demand for mental health professionals in Hong Kong?

Any advice, much appreciated

Do you speak Cantonese? If not you would be very limited. Though what about teaching it?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Bore da!

Just for some perspective, here is an example of a position within the local public healthcare system: Clinical Psychology -- Child team, Kwai Chung Hospital

There are many private hospitals and clinics, which will on occasion be looking for CPs to join them. Search them out and approach directly. Options may be limited if you don't have Chinese language skills though.

If you don't require sponsorship of an employment visa, such as you will come on a dependent visa or you are a permanent resident of Hong Kong, you could see about setting up your own practice.

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 24-10-2013 at 10:07 AM.

I don't speak Cantonese sadly. So it seems that the private route would be the best option. What are the private hospitals I could approach?

I would also love to do some teaching...does anyone know how to go about this? I have done a small bit of teaching to msc students at Kings College London in psychometrics. I don't have a teaching qualification as such

Croeso I Geoexpat!

I don't know myself but perhaps international schools have CPs on their staff? I would imagine there's some demand for Child&Ado CPs from the wealthy helicopter parents here...

Investment banks and other international corporates probably also subcontract out their OH here E.g my previous (UK, MNC) workplace offered 6 free counselling sessions with a private clinic as part of their health plan. If so, these clinics might be looking for UK-trained CPs.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Katecymru:
    I don't speak Cantonese sadly. So it seems that the private route would be the best option. What are the private hospitals I could approach?

I would also love to do some teaching...does anyone know how to go about this? I have done a small bit of teaching to msc students at Kings College London in psychometrics. I don't have a teaching qualification as such
    also consider apply for lecturing for relevant university, medical schools are usually taught mostly in english

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical...n_in_Hong_Kong