I've been offered a transfer to my companys Hong Kong office for a couple of years. I'm taking the position but I have to fly over at the end of the month and it's not really sunk in just how much work I have to do. So really what I'm trying to write is a list of everything I need to do between now and then.
The way it works is that i'll be going over there for a period of 6-8 weeks at the end of the month, and then returning to the UK for 2 weeks so that I can move out of my flat in the UK. After that i'll be returning to Hong Kong indefinatly. For the first period I'll be staying in a hotel that my company will provide for me.
So i'll start the list off with things that I've thought of. If people could suggest additions to my list it would be much appreciated.
1. Work Visa's - Fill out forms and courier them to HK office
2. Clean up flat. Get rid of a load of crap.
3. Pack work clothes. 7 shirts. 3 trousers. Shoes. Belt.
4. Pack casual clothes. 7 tshirts. 3 jeans. Trainers.
5. Undies. 7 boxers. 7 pairs of socks.
7. Partially move out of flat.
8. My Laptop
9. My camera
10. Partay with friends/family.
11. Finish up at work.
12. Start my blog that i'm going to write.
13. Read my Hong ong guidebook.
14. Start HK bank account (will do this over there)
15. Find out how much it's going to cost me to take out money from my UK bank account over there.
16. Exchange some money into HK$.
17. Immunisations? Do I need these?
18. Restock on my epilepsy medication.
Any suggestions guys? My head is going blank just trying to think about it. If you could put yourself in my situation ad think of anything else you would consider i'd love to hear it.