I'm currently in HK picking up my visa and signing up for my green card. While here I've managed to look at some apartments ready for my permanent arrival in December.
I've picked Olympic out as its great access to my work [XRL Express Rail Link West Kowloon Terminal / Hole in the ground out side Elements shopping centre above Kowloon Station]
I have a few queries that I could do with advice on:
- What supermarket is best to shop in? Many in Olympic City but as they are in the shopping centre with this mean inflated prices?
- I've picked Harbour Green as my front runner for blocks of flats seems the best in the area and 6 years old and highly spec'd I cant see it being beaten. Although does this come at a cost? 2 bed apartment 464sqft [useable] for 20,0000 HKD? Rooms are tiny but the best I saw for my price range of 21,000. All 3 beds start at 25,0000. [and no sea view either, on a low floor so view is poor]
- Local gym? I've seen the gym in the apartment grounds and it just doesn't suit, being a rugby player I like my squat rack, bench press and free weights too much. Can anyone advise a local gym and provide pricing / agreement yearly or monthly.
- I've worked out door to site is approx. 25mins with the bulk of that being spent walking from Door to MTR [13mins], is there a better location I should look in that provides the same commute time? I like Olympic because of the MTR access.
- Obtaining furniture, where is the best place to shop for sofa / mattress / TV etc....
Any information you can provide I will be most grateful.