Does anyone know what the excess baggage fees are for China Air

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Does anyone know what the excess baggage fees are for China Air

I can't find any info on their website and I keep getting put on hold then their message system hangs up on me. We're trying to decide if we should ship some items or bring as excess baggage... Thanks!

Hi Angie

Your question is a little vague, by 'China Air' do you mean 'Air China' (Mainland) or 'China Airlines' (Taiwan)?

I remember paying approx. 35 GBP (70 USD) per kilo on a London - HK flight a few years back so it's not cheap!

Last edited by Stoob; 20-06-2008 at 06:30 AM.

i had always thought the standard fair on excess baggage is fixed across all airline. based on the 1st class rate for each kg or something. let pdlm answer you he wld have the full details. 8-P

I found the above info on their website already, thanks. It doesn't say how much they'll charge per bag for the excess baggage. I was just on hold with their phone number here for 30 minutes and I got "This mailbox is not accepting any messages" and a lovely click...

I'll be coming from the US on China Airlines (taiwan) to HK. If it'll cost me $50-100 usd per extra suitcase then I'll consider bringing more with me when I fly. If it's going to be more than $100 usd per piece then I'll look into adding more to our cargo shipment.

TWD 800 is listed on there ...

The TWD800 is the charge for economy passengers for a single bag that is more than 23kg but less than the maximum permitted weight of 32kg.

As freeier said, my understanding is that the standard price is 1% of the IATA first class fare per kilo of excess luggage. From the US to HKG that's going to be something like USD50 per KG (!). So you will certainly not meet your criterion.

The best you can do on your flight (as per the China Airlines page linked above) is to bring two 32kg bags whose total dimensions when measured together do not exceed 107 inches. This will cost you an additional TWD1600 in total (about USD52) for the extra 18kg above the 2 * 23kg that is included in your ticket.

I missed that... Thanks for pointing it out and yes, OUCH!

or you can smile at the counter lady nicely and ask them to close one eye on u.. it usually works.

china air has a 2 bag free limit 62" 50# max extra bags are $109 per bag of same size and weight ( 62' 50#) carry on is 45" at 15#.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast