Like Tree36Likes

Comparison of HK neighbourhoods

Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    -Livelyhood, i.e. is the area lively or somewhat quiet/suburban
    Yes and no

    -Is the area busy and prone to traffic jams
    Yes and no

    -Does the area have lots of shops and restaurants including malls
    Yes and no

    -Good or bad transport connections
    Yes and no, but generally yes

    -Does the area 'feel' more Asian/Chinese or more British/European
    Racist!

    -Does the area have a mostly Chinese population or are there a large number of foreigners
    Racist!

    -Crime levels
    Hong Kong is one of the safest places when it comes to crime, unless you are a triad member or making a movie

    -Is it expensive or cheap to live in
    Yes and no




    Racist. Really? Calm down. Asking whether or not the area has a more Asian or western feel/population is not racist. Perhaps the question could have been worded better, but I don't think you need to throw the race card out there so quickly.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,114

    Claire's post is clearly tongue in cheek.


  3. #13

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4,040
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Claire's post is clearly tongue in cheek.


    alright, if you say so. seemed pretty matter of fact to me...

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    804

    and here we go again

    chris_yang22 likes this.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,114
    Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    alright, if you say so. seemed pretty matter of fact to me...
    If the non-serious tone of the rest her post didn't make it clear enough, the "Location" under her avatar should be a bit of a give away
    Last edited by jgl; 16-01-2014 at 11:49 AM. Reason: I wonder if we've scared the OP off yet?

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    5,869
    Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    This should answer all your questions:



    by the lovely Miss O'Kistic
    This map is spot on! See, this is exactly why we don't need a book for moving to HK! It put us exactly where we belong, hah!
    Watercooler likes this.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,966

    So by the map you can see that monkeys live in Gold coast, snakes in Sai Kung and hookers in Happy Valley. Cool!


  8. #18

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,114

    This looks like a pre-Disney map, otherwise they'd have another "Mainland Tourists" bit on Lantau.


  9. #19

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    5,869
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    This looks like a pre-Disney map, otherwise they'd have another "Mainland Tourists" bit on Lantau.
    One could maaaaaybe argue that the people who go to HK Disneyland are people who have given up on life....

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,114

    Many a time I've thought "I'd sooner shoot myself than go to Disney".

    bibbju likes this.

Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast