Like Tree36Likes

Comparison of HK neighbourhoods

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by hkexpat123:
    Yes, for real. I'm really confused and still haven't got a proper answer.
    The reason you have not received a 'proper answer' is because you posed a series of questions with a ridiculously wide scope while giving no useful information about your own circumstances that would guide useful suggestions.

The quality of the answers you are receiving are a reflection on the quality of the question. Ask a good question, you will get a good answer.
    HK_Katherine and kimwy66 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shenwen:
    I live in TKS and is a decent place to live. I like it.

One thing though: watch out for Tung Chau Street park. Was in there the other week and it was full of drug fiends from the nearby Methadone drop in clinic. Nothing against these folk - we've all got to rest our heads somewhere right? - but in a park that won't even let kids ride a bike, watching two guys shoot methadone into their groins at 11am in the morning, in full public view may be a little shocking to some
    I would have expected clinics to ensure that it's taken onsite to stop it from being resold or abused. There's a clinic by Wan Chai MTR and the only visible result of that appears to be a higher concentration of old codgers sitting around people-watching.

Quote Originally Posted by shenwen:
    I live in TKS and is a decent place to live. I like it.

One thing though: watch out for Tung Chau Street park. Was in there the other week and it was full of drug fiends from the nearby Methadone drop in clinic. Nothing against these folk - we've all got to rest our heads somewhere right? - but in a park that won't even let kids ride a bike, watching two guys shoot methadone into their groins at 11am in the morning, in full public view may be a little shocking to some
    Hong Kong clinics do have addicts take their methadone under supervision, but when addicts have money they often get their regular heroin fix anyway - they say it masks the side-effects of the methadone - so that's what they'll be shooting up in public.

Quote Originally Posted by chingleutsch:
    Hong Kong clinics do have addicts take their methadone under supervision, but when addicts have money they often get their regular heroin fix anyway - they say it masks the side-effects of the methadone - so that's what they'll be shooting up in public.
    yes, my only experience with methadone was in liquid form, so thought it odd they were shooting up. One of them left the syringe in the grass verge. Nice. Park staff did nothing. But you just try riding a bike - they will be all over you.

Anyway, point is TKS is a decent area - I have lived there or thereabouts for sic years - but the area on the border with Sham Shui Po with the addicts and homeless may be an eye opener for some.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5