Like Tree5Likes

Moving to HK for UK with HK wife

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Moving to HK for UK with HK wife

Hi there, I have been looking on various government websites regarding moving to Hong Kong but I am a little confused and was hoping someone could help.

I am married to a Hong Kong permanent resident and currently living in the UK. We are looking at moving to Hong Kong initially for about 3 years so my wife can spend some time with her family.

Would I be able to work in Hong Kong on a dependants visa or would I require a works visa?

If I require a works visa would it be better for me to go to Hong Kong on a dependants visa and then apply for a works visa when im out there?

Thanks

You can work on a dependent visa. It is more flexible than an employment visa so no need to worry.

thanks thebrit for the help

Yes a dependent visa is the way to go, it offers much more flexibility than a work visa.

However, I'm pretty sure your wife would have to prove that she can support you here in HK (either with proof of income or significant savings) in order to successfully get the visa.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

jmbf. thanks and that shouldn't be a problem as we have been saving hard for this plus our initial savings.

Quote Originally Posted by mathos:
    jmbf. thanks and that shouldn't be a problem as we have been saving hard for this plus our initial savings.
    Your savings don't count. Only hers.

Sent from my SM-N900 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Your savings don't count. Only hers.

Sent from my SM-N900 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Maybe not officially, but I'm pretty sure they take these things into account, in the same way they unofficially take things like skin colour and education etc. into account.

Of course a joint account is also an option

Sent from my SGP511 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Last edited by justjoe86; 23-07-2014 at 12:53 PM.

This link may help : http://www.immd.gov.hk/en/services/h...guidebook.html

Pay attention to Section VII, particularly "Photocopy of proof of the sponsor's financial standing, e.g. bank statements, savings accounts passbooks, tax receipts and salary slips"

would it help that we own our own home in uk with no mortgage that we plan to rent out when we move and her parents own multiple apartments in hong kong that we can live?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

She just has to show that she can support you, should you decide to lounge about all day on the sofa watching crap TV.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast