Hi All,

I am planning to move to HK by myself and wanted to make a few friends/get a few opinion before further planning.

I am 22 and currently working at a shipping industry as a Commercial Coordinator, will plan to finish off my uni course mid-year 2015 for my next goal to venture into being an expat.

During my two years in the corporate world I was also exposed to commercial analyst roles (assisting our commercial analyst) and was wondering if there will be opportunities for me in the field as a commercial analyst?

I can speak Canto and Mando (which needs a bit of practice still but I am sure it will get a lot once I'm there)

I was thinking of obtaining a holiday working visa and work temp jobs in HK until I can find a role which I can relate to.

I am also not sure how much I should be saving for this trip as I am planning to stay for a year or so. Would love to hear your experiences as an expat in Hong Kong if you have time to share!

As this will be a big step for me, so I am kind of nervous but thrilled at the same time, would like to get as much info as possible

Thanks guys!