Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HK_Katherine

Moving to Hong Kong soon

Closed Thread

Smile Moving to Hong Kong soon

I am moving next month to Hong Kong and i need to rent an apartment and buy a car.
    Is there any big sites where i can search from now? I need an used car not to expensive around 10.000 GBP, here in UK i search for cars on autotrader and pistonheads but i really don't know where to search an used car in Hong Kong, any ideas?
    Thank you

Did you check the classifieds section at the top of this site? I know they have a used car section. 10,000GBP is about 132,000HKD, so you should be able to find something within that range (from what I saw).

You really don't need a car in HK unless you plan to live out in the sticks

Most of the local online car sites are only in Chinese, but they will give you an idea of prices.
    Try car8.com for example.
    Also you will often find expats needing to sell their car due to relocating, so it might be cheaper.
    The golden rule of buying used cars in hk.....never trust the mileage on the dashboard, it's invariably been tampered with.

Sent from my C6903 using GeoClicks mobile app

I wouldn't get a car until you actually move here and decide if you need it. Unless you have toddlers and/or live in the sticks it's unnecessary and often more of an inconvenience.
    Do you have children? If so, you should sort schools before apartments as schools are much harder to get and you'd want to live near the school.
    For apartments, none of the online sites are very good; don't show things that are actually available (they are not updated). They also show doctored photos (really. they paint out whole tower blocks to make the view look better, for example) so you really can't judge what a place is like without seeing it.
    Best advice, get a serviced place for a couple of weeks when you arrive and then look around in person. Arranging a flat does not take long and you are much more likely to make a good decision seeing something in person.

chingleutsch likes this.

Get a car its FUN

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Get a car its FUN
    Especially if you install a train horn to your vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G900F using GeoClicks mobile app