Like Tree89Likes

MOVERS holding our furniture hostage ! pls advice.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Ah fuck it. I have racked my brains and I can't think of anything you can legally do in this short amount of time to get your belongings back.

I'm with TB. If this happened to me, I would inflict as much damage on that twat as I could.

I think you need to just negotiate with him. Tell him you'll make his life difficult with the police and CC department, and you'll commence court proceedings, contact the newspapers etc. Try and reduce the additional 4k down to 1 or 2k.

And then after he unloads your furniture, smack the absolute living shit out of him and his car.

TheBrit, shri and wtbhotia like this.

And then deal with a bunch of rough tough guys who know where you live and will not hesitate to charge you for additional damages and assault.

Pay up and write it off as one of life's cheaper lessons.

bibbju likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles:
    Ah fuck it. I have racked my brains and I can't think of anything you can legally do in this short amount of time to get your belongings back.

I'm with TB. If this happened to me, I would inflict as much damage on that twat as I could.

I think you need to just negotiate with him. Tell him you'll make his life difficult with the police and CC department, and you'll commence court proceedings, contact the newspapers etc. Try and reduce the additional 4k down to 1 or 2k.

And then after he unloads your furniture, smack the absolute living shit out of him and his car.

Right :-)

A bunch of toughies you guys are on here

Reality is this guy most likely is doing some shaddy business, associated with shaddy people, you think you and TB with your cute little face, Pink shirt and custom made suit would smack his face and his car?

Leave the testosterone at the door guys. Yes the poor OP is a sad situation, yes the other guy is an asshole apparently and yes the OP is gonna lose money most likely. Yes it is unfair and sad and yes it would be great if the OP could stand his ground and smack the living shit out of the asshole.

But the reality is that it is certainly safe, more efficient for the OP to cought the $ (negootiate them of course) and move on.

And to add, this I fully agree with: "I think you need to just negotiate with him. Tell him you'll make his life difficult with the police and CC department, and you'll commence court proceedings, contact the newspapers etc. Try and reduce the additional 4k down to 1 or 2k."
    Last edited by Mat; 05-08-2014 at 11:09 AM.
    cookie09 and shri like this.

Pay up, inform CC and move on, have a local friend send details to apply news daily once you have the official letter from CC and see if they will take up the news, that is all you can do.

Now if you want some medival stuff done to this guy then you will need to hold black ops secret meetings in my jungle with turtles/the brit and myself, we will come up with a plan and action items and we will put the leader of our team as SHRI leave a paper trail to him LOL

shri and Mat like this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

I would suggest not having the items delivered to your home address. Perhaps have another trustworthy removal company pick the items up and have them make the delivery.

emx, shri and Mat like this.

Haha, nice bhotia.

No Mat, it's not me being an internet tough guy.

It's about having limits on the amount of shit you have to eat in life. That clearly differs from person to person.

I'm not one who deals with these types of situations very well. Yes, my reaction would probably cause more trouble for me, but it would also cause more trouble for the crooked relo guy and that is the main point.

I have no idea about pink shirts and tidy suits (where do you make up this kind of shit?), but I've done what has had to be done in other situations. I've always been brought up to stand up for myself and stand up for what is right. Sometimes that gets me into all sorts of trouble but ultimately it's a very cleansing feeling.

Not trying to be all philosophical about this, but my mentality is that you have to be able to live with looking at yourself in the mirror. I don't want to look at myself and feel ashamed of not having enough courage, of being walked over, of being taken advantage of.

I'm not intelligent and wily enough to think of a better way to get my own back so yes, smacking him about would be my preferred choice (and yes, there's always a danger of him or his mates beating me up instead, but like I said before, he wouldn't get off free if he did this with me, whatever the consequence to me).

Haha, nice bhotia.

It's about having limits on the amount of shit you have to eat in life. That clearly differs from person to person.

I'm not one who deals with these types of situations very well. Yes, my reaction would probably cause more trouble for me, but it would also cause more trouble for the crooked relo guy and that is the main point.

I have no idea about pink shirts and tidy suits (where do you make up this kind of shit?), but I've done what has had to be done in other situations. I've always been brought up to stand up for myself and stand up for what is right. Sometimes that gets me into all sorts of trouble but ultimately it's a very cleansing feeling.

Not trying to be all philosophical about this, but my mentality is that you have to be able to live with looking at yourself in the mirror. I don't want to look at myself and feel ashamed of not having enough courage, of being walked over, of being taken advantage of.

I'm not intelligent and wily enough to think of a better way to get my own back so yes, smacking him about would be my preferred choice (and yes, there's always a danger of him or his mates beating me up instead, but like I said before, he wouldn't get off free if he did this with me, whatever the consequence to me).

Pink shirt not pink shirt, ie the Brand, not the color...

Original Post Deleted

Lol., you gotta love the internet.
    Last edited by Mat; 05-08-2014 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    And then deal with a bunch of rough tough guys who know where you live and will not hesitate to charge you for additional damages and assault.

Pay up and write it off as one of life's cheaper lessons.
    What is the lesson exactly there Shri? That HK is full of charlatans and you should never actually believe any quote? How does that help the OP avoid such a situation in the future?
    iliketurtles and TheBrit like this.

Haha, nice bhotia.

Right on. Me too. (Including the bit about it normally getting me into more trouble!)

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast