Like Tree10Likes

Is 18,000 enough?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    Yea but you save on accommodation as you clearly don't need a bed.
    He sleeps in Starbucks

Quote Originally Posted by jmbf:
    Have you set your budget at $14,000 because you are setting a certain amount aside for savings or because it matches your monthly income? I only mention this because it's a completely different ballgame living frugally voluntarily and knowing you're putting aside something for later vs. living month to month, pay check to pay check.
    My monthly income is 14000$ and I plan to spend around 10k per month on everything, unless I plan to go out on in that month.
    wtbhotia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TimUK:
    My monthly income is 14000$ and I plan to spend around 10k per month on everything, unless I plan to go out on in that month.
    How often do you manage to stay within your budget? Your stated expenses for accommodation, travel and food already add up to $9,500. That only leaves $500 or so for utilities such as electricity, gas, water, broadband and TV as well as other things such as your mobile phone.

I was speaking on the phone last night with a long time local friend, and in areas around Yuen Long and Tuen Mun you can still find moderately small sized flats to rent for 3-4k per month. Granted that it'll be buses only and not near MTR stations, and very local.

He sleeps in Starbucks
    Free wifi too.....

How often do you manage to stay within your budget? Your stated expenses for accommodation, travel and food already add up to $9,500. That only leaves $500 or so for utilities such as electricity, gas, water, broadband and TV as well as other things such as your mobile phone.
    The utility bills I already counted within the accomonodation part. What else do I need besides acommondation, travel and food? 1 out of 3 month I get out of my budget though, mainly due to drinking or a night in LKF. .

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Mobile phone, MPF, tax, insurance (of various types).