Like Tree7Likes

MPV taxi

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtmesome:
    Hey all, we might have a winner with Candy (much obliged WTB).
    waiting on her confirmation.
    Weird that child safety in cars is so neglected in HK.
    Eitherway, thx for your time and advice!
    Cheers
    Even by expats. How many times have I seen an expat parent with a small child sitting, unbelted, on their lap in the front seat of a convertible!?!?

One thing, be aware that insurance may not cover you for that you're most paranoid about (Accidents) if you're using an unlicensed taxi.

Yup, it just takes that ONE accident and you wouldn't be saying "People are a bit more pragmatic and not as paranoid here."

Quote Originally Posted by Dankleness:
    Yup, it just takes that ONE accident and you wouldn't be saying "People are a bit more pragmatic and not as paranoid here."
    There is no shortage of accidents in Hong Kong. Plenty die and plenty get injured.

My attitudes (along with the rest of the populace here) hasn't changed much over the years.

We pays our monies and we takes our chances.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

I meant, it would only take one car accident for you with one of your kids getting hurt (or worse), for you to change your mind on the topic... though maybe not...

Quote Originally Posted by Dankleness:
    I meant, it would only take one car accident for you with one of your kids getting hurt (or worse), for you to change your mind on the topic
    My son broke his arm, his friend got his face cut, someone else in the club (Ben Kende) became a paraplegic. We still play Rugby.
    though maybe not
    No maybe's about it. The answer is definitely not. I don't make life choices based on singular data points.

If we all did that, we would never take any risks whatsoever; life just doesnt work that way.
    mobtrio and HK_Katherine like this.

You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha, you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia," but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!"
    Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    The answer is definitely not. I don't make life choices based on singular data points.

If we all did that, we would never take any risks whatsoever; life just doesnt work that way.
    Unfortunately research suggests that the rest of the population is far less disciplined in their thinking. To the detriment of most decision making by humans.

It is also possible to buy a harness similar to the ones that are attached to carseats.
    You can thread it through the seat belt and supports your child a bit more securely.
    Relatively easy to keep in a bag so its handy to pull out when needed.

Good luck. Look after your precious children.