Like Tree7Likes

Move to HK with a dog

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuu:
    Katherine, what you mentioned is in my knowledge and that is not a issue I would discuss here but thank you for your concern.
    What nationality would work best to get a work permitted visa?
    Visa issues are one of the main topics of this forum. Many people outside HK appear confused about them. Nationality is rarely an issue for a work visa if the job is well paid and contains skills not found in Hong Kong. On the other hand, for borderline jobs or those that can easily find skills in HK, there is possibly some "issues" that may come into play. The way you post makes me wonder where you come from! (In other words, not a native English speaker which means that being a teacher - the old standby for just about everyone accompanying someone here, may not be an option).

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw:
    Hung Hom is convenient to a lot of places, actually. The East and West Rail lines both end there, and there are a ton of bus lines that go from there to HK Island.

If budget and space for dog are both issues, I'd suggest looking out in the New Territories, out along either the East or West rail line. Esp. if you don't mind taking a minibus to the train, there are a lot of dog-friendly areas. At least, I sure see a lot of dogs when I'm out running.
    Thanks for your kind advice...yea to be honest, that seems more likely target for us to find some place along East / West rail line. I am sure I would rather bare a small inconvenience while prior space and less population around ( less noise, is important for me too,) and with lots of green.