Like Tree7Likes

Move to HK with a dog

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Move to HK with a dog

Hello, we are a couple looking for a rent which is dog-friendly....I would like some actual contact of real estate agencies or the owner of the place who are willing to lease their place from the beginning of Jan.
    Can you help? Thanks in advance!

Many many buildings/rentals allow dogs. The three places we've lived in have all been dog friendly. Any reputable agent that is working for you should know what you want and not waste your time showing places that don't allow pets.
    The first thing to do in order to get more responses would be to share your location preferences, budget etc.
    Note: if you have children, sort the school first before even looking at accommodation.
    Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by dontdrink&drive:
    serviced apartment
    Thanks. This time we need to find the place that is reasonable since my partner will be ''a student'' after a fair period of his profession...so we start a modest life until I make ''a fortune'' in there!

Thanks for your kind advice! It seems like deciding remotely brings us lots of effort with the unknown results so we might start air B&B first...then we need to look for a modest priced place for longer stay, do you happen to know some good agency for that...if its allowed to mention it here?

Quote Originally Posted by attkrt:
    Many many buildings/rentals allow dogs. The three places we've lived in have all been dog friendly. Any reputable agent that is working for you should know what you want and not waste your time showing places that don't allow pets.
    The first thing to do in order to get more responses would be to share your location preferences, budget etc.
    Note: if you have children, sort the school first before even looking at accommodation.
    Welcome!
    Thanks for your kind advice! It seems like deciding remotely brings us lots of effort with the unknown results so we might start air B&B first...then we need to look for a modest priced place for longer stay, do you happen to know some good agency for that...if its allowed to mention it here?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Agents/agencies tend to work by area. Where will you be looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Agents/agencies tend to work by area. Where will you be looking at?
    Claire, since my partner's school is in Hung Hom, we aim wherever that is reachable place to there by train. To be honest, we can not afford that much in the beginning so wherever that is reasonably convenient. In some article I read Happy Valley has lots of dog-friendly places, that might be our first option to find a place...we have not decided yet though.

Happy Valley is not usually associated with modest prices, but the area is pretty pet friendly.

Happy Valley would not be so convenient for Hung Hom, and you might also find it difficult to find somewhere within *student* budget. I'd suggest looking on the EastRail line, from Tai Wai up to Fanling or Wu Kai Sha. And depending on how far your other half is prepared to walk (or catch a bus) to the station, a floor of a village house - maybe with rooftop or small yard - might give you all more space and the dog some run-around room.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    Happy Valley is not usually associated with modest prices, but the area is pretty pet friendly.
    Thanks for your advice. The info I got could be out of date, your updated info is valuable for us.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast