For those familiar with NY and HK real estate...

Closed Thread

For those familiar with NY and HK real estate...

I'm having trouble gauging HK real estate. I've lived in NY in the park slope/brooklyn side and $3kUSD/$23-$35kHKD monthly could you a decent 3 bedroom flat. I understand high cost of living cities and have lived in two of them (according to top 10 lists) and know HK is on them too but is there something unique about the real estate? Can I assume that a US $3k flat is the same as a HK $35 one or do I need to mark it up by some percentage/range? Many thanks.

Doubt you can get a USA size 3 bedrooms flat for HK$35K anywhere on HK Island.
    May be in Tung Chung or N.T

I've lived in two different 4 bedroom homes in the NT @ 33k and 34k respectively. Both were decent size, good outdoor space and included covered parking and fabulous clubhouse amenities.
    Moved to HK Island in Sept. Can't even touch those prices for a decent size 3 bedroom.

We just signed a 2y lease for a 830sqft apartment. 3 beds 2 baths. Not near Central though but because we wanted to be away from the buzz. Commute door to door is 30 minutes.
    Rent is 37k HKD
    It really depends on location, size and the condition of the apartment. We could have lived relatively cheaper had we wanted a house that hasn't been renovated recently.
    my advise: do the legwork and pass by multiple agents in the area u would like to live. They will ask you to sign a form but you are not obligated to sign anything